ID:2033724

Rant and massive walls of text in cumming.

Chocolate, roses, and rejection. I bloody love it.

But i hate it. Things sprout from this day and time of year that i would rather choose to forget. Things like love stories. I hate love stories almost as much as i hate you, person reading this stupid blog where i rant and rage about how stupid love story subplots taking up to much time in my favorite books.

Okay so there was this one book i read forever ago about werewolves n stuff it had some legit coolness to it, and a path laid out for the main character to follow. But she falls in love with some lame wimpy human who is apparently some scrub that actually will end up screwing over her whole werewolves awesomeness, and instead of straight up murdering him and everyone of the bloody bastards she helps them. HELPS THEM!?! wut. Then they end up being forced into their wolf forms until they die ._. But who cares right? at least the "alpha" male and alpha female gets to be together and make millions of pups right? right?

How about this other book about a murderous assassin that spends 90% of the books not killing people. Even though they already established the fact that she's the most feared assassin. When she actually does assassinate someone the useless love interest of a prince (and the other useless love interest of a princess) wets his willy over it. The first chapter of the first book sets up what would have easily been my favorite book of all time. With the assassin (Who was enslaved after being betrayed, captured, and broken) thinking up ways to kill the prince with the shackles binding her. Then doesnt kill him when he falls in love with her and walks around her room without guards and even sleeps in her bed with her. But why didnt she kill him? It would have been perfect pay back to the king who enslaved her. Yeah well she apparently was in love with him even though she knew it would never work (then ended up breaking up with him and dirtyed the sheets with his best friend effectively destroying their friendship). I wanted a book about assassins, and sneakyness. Why oh why is there a love subplot :C?

That last one probably didnt cut it. How about a book about a female warrior fighting to free her people from enslavement of a sadistic ruler who wishes to destroy everything about her and her people. I was so thrilled. Until she spends 90% of the book whinning and complaining about not wanting to be forced to marry a very likeable character of a prince who so obviously wants to marry her and they are perfect for each other. The fact that i can even type that with a straight face means that im not going to get the war like awesomeness of a female warrior who has to kick everyone's anoose to prove she's a lara croft. Oh oh that's not the worst part she's actually in love with the unlikeable other prince who so happens to be the leader of her people. Yay right? A love triangle in a book about saving a race of people from extinction.

A rich female genius trying to solve the mystery of her parents death. Kind of hard to do when you are the prime suspect i mean after all everyone believes you are capable of doing it and it's so perfect that it basically screams your very personality. That's not the only mystery there is a mystery of how she became so smart in the first place. She's an emotionless charismatic robot thats so imperfect that the very contradictions themselves are perfect. Oh and apparently her parents sent her to a psycho house for running away with some guy she only knew for about 5 minutes. Whaaaaaaaat? She's supposed to be a super genius why would you run away with some random anoose wipe? Why???? Love. -_-. But that was all in the past right? Actually the first book was very controlled when it comes to this whole love thing. Her love was a mystery and she was trying to figure it out. While at the same time forgetting to take her magic vitamins that give her the ability (or inability) to express emotions like the good perfect little girl she's supposed to be and end up having massive emotional break downs. No the first book was near perfect. It's the sequels that made me groan of dispear. Okay so the first sequel had many different subplots thankfully not about horny teenage drama for example the dead girl in a park, exotic poisonous wild life appearing in the apartments rich people want to live in. Dead parents not leaving enough money to deal with their lawsuits and an uncle they never heard of before from a grandmother who leaves the children billions of dollars. But wait the love subplot what about it? Well you see the guy suing their family bussiness that makes trillions of dollars by making asian kids into the stereotype that we have been accustomed to by now yeah well he's the father of the guy female detective chicken dish had the hots for. Then the next sequel after they finally get together what is it they do? (Btw at this point they are in paris the city of love) yeah they dirty the sheets. Woooooooooooo... totally not out of character or anything. Then the dude turns around and gets in the pants of female detective robot's best friend... the same best friend who was doing questionable things with detective robot's twin brother.....................................................

Well ET stop reading books with female main protagonists then. Oh okay. How about this. dystopian world (dystopian? yeah uhh no) where the sun actually finally expands and screws the earth completely over. Causing massive radiation waves & stuff the things that usually happen without an atmosphere. And these goverment nuts make these little areas meant to imitate tropical rainforests or something. Anyway only a select few are allowed to get in and super dorky lame anoose wipe of a main character (Who is male mind you) was one of the few choosen to go into one for a couple months or something. At first i was like what is this some sort of slice of life nonsense in a ruined earth? No actually it had some air of mystery to it, but in the first idk 3 chapters the main character already falls in love... typical male protagonists. The dude actually nearly drowns to :D. Anyway things move on he discovers he has gills and can breathe underwater n stuff (but not before a couple chapters of painful gill awakening processes) and aparently others have them to and it's kind of a secret among them oh and the chick he has the hots for has them as well to no one's surprise. So then things move along atlantean nonsense talk start to happen and a choosen few and adventure and stuff and flying boats with mobojumbo technology that doesnt exist then turns out the girl he has the hots for isnt one of the choosen few because she couldnt hear gaia. YAAAAAAY??? Finnaly wooooo. Well next book he starts to have the hots for a lusty blonde who aparently is one of the few and he starts to cheat on his other lady friend because why not? love triangle e.e. Then it turns out the blonde actually isnt one of them and the other chick who wasnt before actually is. What a coincedence. Right? Right? and they make out while flying into the sunset and i never bothered wasting my time with the sequel.

Yeah that's probably why i don't read a lot of books with male main protagonist. Now here's an example of where the love subplot actually doesnt end up destroying everything to the ground (until in later sequels). So a super volcanoe goes nuts and rocks start falling from the sky and ash blocks out the sun and death and raiders and death and traveling and death lots and lots of death. And apocalypse. Okay so this guys parents went to see their uncle and he didnt go with and then the cataclysmic event happens and heends up being trapped in a house with a homosexual male couple (i really do feel sorry for him). Anyway some raiders broke into their house with guns and stuff and one of the digusting dudes killed one and the main protagonist freaks out and leaves. Then he decides to go to his uncle. Problem is ash is falling from the sky and ash is covering the ground and he doesnt have a car, and bikes wont ride good in ash but skis work fine. So he skis accross covering his mouth with a wet cloth that gets dry every couple minutes that makes him use some of his precious fresh water (river had ash in it to yay). Eventually he comes accross this escape convict with an axe and a pork (because food!) Well the "bad guy" ends up chopping a good sized chunk out of our main protagonist and he runs away to lick his wounds but ends up passing out right next to a couple of friendlys on a self sustained farm. Conveince!!!!! or however you spell it. Yeah those friendlys are both female a mother and a daughter and the father is well dead and has been so before the end of the world. This is the point when you know the love heroine was going to get introduced well because the main protagonist got a eretion<- flagged when she was patching him up. So some things happened murder dude comes back and kills girl's mother with a shotgun but he ends up being killed by main protagonist because main hero knows some sort of kara foo or something. So they travel together for a while. And ended up falling in love. In like a week. A WEEK? Eh theyr teenagers what do you expect. So they make it to his uncles farm after some nonsense or something uncle didnt approve of their relationship but you know what? Theyve been traveling together at this point for basically a month alone in the apocalypse and had to kill a pig and the rabbit was killed by an anoose wipe that poor rabbit and that really messed them up in the head and now they feel like adults and that they could do what they want and they ignore what the uncle was doing and he caught them but ended up giving in and letting the sleep together even giving them a little thing to stop the girl from getting knocked up and why do i feel like this has nothing to do with bad subplots? Well because 90% of the book was about them and their relationship and how it was building up to the point where they get to the uncle's farm and it was brilliant the unbrilliant part was when they left in the sequel to find the guys parents since they left to look for him and the girl got captured by canibals who would surely -censor- and -censor- and finnaly eat her before they ever get her back anyway he finds his parents and risked his parents life trying to get the girl back. I mean wow. He cared more for that girl (awesome as she is) more than his parents. And then his father dies and his mother goes nuts they ended up returning with the girl and then the sequel we shall never speak of is released where they get their hands chopped off.

That last part was a terrible example and these have become increasingly longer. But you get the point right? I mean if you're reading up to this point obviously you don't so let me explain with this other book in a less witty fashion. A science experiment that escaped with other science experiments now living in a mountain side when these wolf human hybrids (basically werewolves) attack their peaceful lives. Turns out these experiments have wings and can kick some serious -censor- One of them is captured now they travel back into the hell they escaped so many years before to get her back. Awesome right? Then you look at the group. 3 female, 3 male. one female (the youngest female) is captured so 2 female, 3 male. 1 14 yr old female 2 14 yr old male 1 12 yr old female and 1 8 year old male. One of the 14 yr old males is blind. That's where the problem comes in see. That means that our main protagonistic heroine with a stubborn tom boy who dislike anything to do with romance is going to end up with the dark haired dark eyed dark cloth wearing black winged anoose wipe.The signs are all over. Effectively ruining the character when in the last book she ends up pregers with his child. At 17 years old. Mind you she dislikes anything to do with that sort of thing and pushes it all away. Then a gear shift in one of the many sequels ended up having her kiss him (Actually that was book 2... wow). To make matters worse she always considered herself to be a mother figure to them all. I think i just puked in my mouth what what happened to the kick anoose heroine who wasnt going to take any sort of feces from anything? Ruined! RUINED. She ends up whinning crying and falling apart all because of some stupid love interest i don't want to read that i want to read her kicking the snot out of other experiments sent to capture her...

There was this one book that was effectively the greatest book of all time. Until i read the other half of it. It got so bad that i simply couldnt read any more. Why? because of a love plot. So we have a family living a modest life in a desert like place when suddenly these "people" come along attacks their little home and steals her brother oh yeah and her father dies. Leaving the only family she has left is her little sister. And she hates her little sister. And i loved that about her. She didnt want anything to do with her sister she wanted her twin brother back and would easily abandoned her whinny little sister behind to die. Anyway she tavels to find out what happened to her brother (Oh yeah and she has a super cool crow pet that seems to understand english n stuff) anyway she ends up with a woman who delivered her little sister (She hates her little sister because it was during her childbirth that their mother died). Then we have this awesome journey of exploring a broken earth and getting captured by slavers and being forced to fight amongst other slaves for entertainment of people, and awesome fighting and mad max like awesomeness. But it was at that point you would effectively reach the middle of the book. And that one page you knew everything was going to go downhill. The main protagonist the same one who fought and fought and traveled and fought and was dead set on finding her brother without distraction and hated her sister to the point that she would leave her to die. The same one who nearly murdered another girl during a match blushed... It was so out of character and the reason she blushed was because another male looked at her. That's all he did was look her up and down when she was entering the field to do something. I started crying then. So some other things happened and then she enters a burning building to save him. I stopped crying and started using language that got me grounded for half a year. Then some anime level walking into shower scene type nonsense started happening and he making her care about her little sister. At that point i just deleted the book. It turned so mushy that she started having "girl talks" with some other warrior bad anoose type females and i just couldnt take it.

So this blog is nearly over and i ranted a lot in my own little way. More than likely i expect this blog to be swallowed because i wrote something bad in there somewhere. Sooo

Happy Valentines day and i hope you don't ruin your characters with love stories.

Screw valentines day i hate it >:l.

<3 u all.
i hate valentine's day because this is the first time in many years i've had to spend it alone

</3
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
i hate valentine's day because this is the first time in many years i've had to spend it alone

</3

DX. Don't you have pixel realms O.O? Can't you guys like go out together for like a drink or something?
In response to Ghost of ET
That wouldn't be very practical considering we live in different countries.
Doohl. u n me. let's do it. Victoria can hold the camera.
Valentine's Day, like all other traditions, are bondages.

Essentially you're pressured by society to, every year, make sure you have a "valentine" on this day. If you don't, you feel sad as Doohl pointed out, and the only reason you feel this sadness is because everyone around you taught you that you were supposed to be with someone on this day. Had you not been told this growing up, there would be no sadness on the 14 of February, it would feel like any other day. Furthermore, God forbid you forget to buy your significant other something on the 14th. This is grounds for your relationship to end, or at the very least, a heated argument. Your girl is now upset that she can't go back to her peers and brag about the expensive wine or necklace you bought her and this creates an embarrassing situation for her whenever she has to answer the question "So what did you do for Valentine's Day?"

Bear in mind, it's not the act of getting together romantically with someone you love that I have a problem with. By all means, go ham in that punani. What I'm saying is, traditions suck because you're only doing it because everyone else around you is doing it. It's a form of peer pressure, and it doesn't promote thinking for yourself, but rather "going with the flow". If you ask anyone why they celebrate Valentine's Day, they'll probably respond with "Well, it's simply a tradition. People have done it for generations!" And that's probably the dumbest reason you can ever give in life for doing something. "Well, everyone else was doing it, so I figured I'd start doing it too!" You should constantly be questioning and challenging things. No one should ever be able to approach you and say "This is the way things are" and you simply accept it and join the bandwagon.

This is why religions are successful, because it's so easy to just walk up to a person and get them to believe whatever bullshit you can come up with. It's mind-numbing when you think about it. What's even more pitiful is when we look at other places, like the middle east, and we call their women brainwashed because they are afraid of Allah damning them for an eternity if they don't walk around dressed like a ninja. Are our women not brainwashed too? Our women are afraid to walk outside of the house without makeup because our society says blemishes need to be covered. Our women purchase tit implants because our society says the "itty bitty titty committee" is not attractive. Our women go out and buy the tightest pair of jeans possible because the bigger the booty, the better. Women didn't come up with these standards - men did. But if you ask women why they wear makeup, or why they get implants, or why they want to make their asses look bigger and rounder, they will tell you "it was my own idea", they won't say "because of the expectations of society". In both the middle eastern woman and the American woman situation, it boils down to the fear of questioning and challenging society. It's far easier to just wear the hijab or get the implants and be deemed acceptable than it is to say "Uh, no, I'm not wearing a hijab and my ass doesn't need to be gigantic in order for me to be beautiful, now kindly go fuck yourself."

I just watched a movie about psychology a few months back and there was a scene where 5 people were shown an image. I could be wrong, but I think they were shown an image of some lines on a sheet of paper like this:

\\\\|

And they were all asked to point out which line was not slanted. Because this was a planned test, 4 out of the 5 people being shown the image intentionally said the first line was not slanted ( when clearly the 5th line is the non-slanted one ). The 5th person, who was a legitimate test subject, had a puzzled expression on his face as he saw 4 people assert that the first line was not slanted, but still said "line 1" when it was his turn to answer. The question here is why? Why would someone who obviously knew the other 4 people were wrong ( which was evident by the "what the hell are they thinking" look on his face ) give the exact same answer? The same reason religion and traditions exist. People are afraid to go against the norm, or the majority vote. They immediately resort to doubting themselves when they are outnumbered. He knew the 5th line was not slanted, yet the thoughts going through his mind were "Will I look like a complete idiot if I say the 5th line isn't slanted after those 4 said the answer was line 1?" People will go to enormous lengths to fit in and not be left out of the "circle". Not just kids in high school, this behavior is prevalent at all stages in life.

tl;dr

In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
That wouldn't be very practical considering we live in different countries.

I always thought you guys were like neighbors >:l.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Valentine's Day, like all other traditions, are bondages.

Essentially you're pressured by society to, every year, make sure you have a "valentine" on this day. If you don't, you feel sad as Doohl pointed out, and the only reason you feel this sadness is because everyone around you taught you that you were supposed to be with someone on this day. Had you not been told this growing up, there would be no sadness on the 14 of February, it would feel like any other day. Furthermore, God forbid you forget to buy your significant other something on the 14th. This is grounds for your relationship to end, or at the very least, a heated argument. Your girl is now upset that she can't go back to her peers and brag about the expensive wine or necklace you bought her and this creates an embarrassing situation for her whenever she has to answer the question "So what did you do for Valentine's Day?"

Bear in mind, it's not the act of getting together romantically with someone you love that I have a problem with. By all means, go ham in that punani. What I'm saying is, traditions suck because you're only doing it because everyone else around you is doing it. It's a form of peer pressure, and it doesn't promote thinking for yourself, but rather "going with the flow". If you ask anyone why they celebrate Valentine's Day, they'll probably respond with "Well, it's simply a tradition. People have done it for generations!" And that's probably the dumbest reason you can ever give in life for doing something. "Well, everyone else was doing it, so I figured I'd start doing it too!" You should constantly be questioning and challenging things. No one should ever be able to approach you and say "This is the way things are" and you simply accept it and join the bandwagon.

This is why religions are successful, because it's so easy to just walk up to a person and get them to believe whatever bullshit you can come up with. It's mind-numbing when you think about it. What's even more pitiful is when we look at other places, like the middle east, and we call their women brainwashed because they are afraid of Allah damning them for an eternity if they don't walk around dressed like a ninja. Are our women not brainwashed too? Our women are afraid to walk outside of the house without makeup because our society says blemishes need to be covered. Our women purchase tit implants because our society says the "itty bitty titty committee" is not attractive. Our women go out and buy the tightest pair of jeans possible because the bigger the booty, the better. Women didn't come up with these standards - men did. But if you ask women why they wear makeup, or why they get implants, or why they want to make their asses look bigger and rounder, they will tell you "it was my own idea", they won't say "because of the expectations of society". In both the middle eastern woman and the American woman situation, it boils down to the fear of questioning and challenging society. It's far easier to just wear the hijab or get the implants and be deemed acceptable than it is to say "Uh, no, I'm not wearing a hijab and my ass doesn't need to be gigantic in order for me to be beautiful, now kindly go fuck yourself."

I just watched a movie about psychology a few months back and there was a scene where 5 people were shown an image. I could be wrong, but I think they were shown an image of some lines on a sheet of paper like this:

\\\\|

And they were all asked to point out which line was not slanted. Because this was a planned test, 4 out of the 5 people being shown the image intentionally said the first line was not slanted ( when clearly the 5th line is the non-slanted one ). The 5th person, who was a legitimate test subject, had a puzzled expression on his face as he saw 4 people assert that the first line was not slanted, but still said "line 1" when it was his turn to answer. The question here is why? Why would someone who obviously knew the other 4 people were wrong ( which was evident by the "what the hell are they thinking" look on his face ) give the exact same answer? The same reason religion and traditions exist. People are afraid to go against the norm, or the majority vote. They immediately resort to doubting themselves when they are outnumbered. He knew the 5th line was not slanted, yet the thoughts going through his mind were "Will I look like a complete idiot if I say the 5th line isn't slanted after those 4 said the answer was line 1?" People will go to enormous lengths to fit in and not be left out of the "circle". Not just kids in high school, this behavior is prevalent at all stages in life.

tl;dr

So what you're saying is that we've been brainwashed at a young age to do things that is very bizarre once you think about it and the brainwashing of this society is so strong that people won't acknowledge that it's brainwashing and anyone who thinks differently is 100% crazy and should be drugged up in a nut house rite? Yeah im on the mark arent i :3?
I hate the idea of valentines day because it's like it's supposed to be the only day of the year where you're sweet to your sweet. Really? I promise, you can buy me chocolate any other day of the year and I'll be happy.
No, it has to be done on the 14 of February. If you forget to buy chocolates on that day, or for some reason can't afford to do anything special, consider yourself dumped. Doesn't matter that you were nice the other 364 days of the year. That one, particular day out of all the rest was the most crucial and you blew it.
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
I hate the idea of valentines day because it's like it's supposed to be the only day of the year where you're sweet to your sweet. Really? I promise, you can buy me chocolate any other day of the year and I'll be happy.

This is why I don't actively celebrate any holiday. My wife was iffy on the idea of not really celebrating holidays she's celebrated her whole life, but everyday is supposed to be something special, so why only treat specific days this way? I don't mind doing special things, small and large, throughout the year. It gives them more meaning when it's because you cared enough to do it, rather than you feeling obligated because you're 'supposed to'.
Methinks the word you were looking for was "incoming".
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

Lol.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

Methinks this entire thread is full of people saying "tfw no gf" in really long-winded ways.
I hate the idea of valentines day because it's like it's supposed to be the only day of the year where you're sweet to your sweet.

I actually don't like the social obligation, but it is a good excuse to uncork a bottle of wine, cook a nice dinner together, play some vidjagames and then get naked and get down by the fire.

That goes for you single folks too. Treat yourself.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

Methinks this entire thread is full of people saying "tfw no gf" in really long-winded ways.

In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Your right hand doesn't count.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Your right hand doesn't count.

That's fine, because I use my left hand anyway.

Clarification: Right hand controls the Jergens bottle.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I actually don't like the social obligation, but it is a good excuse to uncork a bottle of wine, cook a nice dinner together, play some vidjagames and then get naked and get down by the fire.

That goes for you single folks too. Treat yourself.

Nude by the fire o.O? Is it that cold where you are >.<?

Ter what type of video games do you like :o? What was the last video game you played that wasnt on byond e.e?

Being single is the best we can go out party(Unless we're single and longers then we just go out to libraries :c) and drown in ale. Unless you're like me and underage :c.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Ter what type of video games do you like :o? What was the last video game you played that wasnt on byond e.e?

people play games on byond???
Page: 1 2