ID:2035252

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Sometimes builds changes a lot, sometimes upstream servers/repos gets a huge update which breaks old/downstream maps compilation. Not very big changes can be fixed by default DM path replace window, but when errors count is far than 100 - there no way instead manual replace in notepad or something like. And notepad isn`t perfect cure, because sometimes it breaks maps too. But when you just need to delete var, which isn`t exists in class anymore - yea, it helps.

This problem, i think, isn`t very important for another byond games, but one opensource game about space with different kinds of repos is affected a lot. Especially, when someone tries to port map from another build to current, reanimate old stations maps, event maps, or even builds, which are uncompilable with current byond version.

So, what i request. It will be cool, if uncompilable maps can be red all the time, with DM map editor. But paths, which isn`t exists, have vars, which isn`t exists, or something like that - just gets default big red cross icon. After that, coders/mappers can see what is this, and replace it with right thing, or delete.
It also means, that you can open map without environment - you`ll just get it full of red crosses, but still can see needed things.

I dunno, how hard to make such kind of feature, or how shitty this idea is, but still.
And also, sorry for bad language - i`m just poor яssian student.
I think the difficulty of this is fairly high, but I get where you're coming from with it. For now editing the file as text to remove any errors, and compiling to try again, is really the best solution.

If the same error pops up repeatedly, of course you can look for the problem in multiple places in the file before you recompile.
In response to Lummox JR
I dunno, am i understood you words right, do you mean than somewhere in future you will made text mode map editing with stuff like in .dm files? I mean, click on error moves you pointer to string with error.

Or you just propose me to use force external text editors?
I mean for now you have to use an external text editor.