ID:2035315

The WebClient is refreshing web content differently than DreamSeeker in at least two ways. Not sure if either of these are a bug or perhaps I'm missing something so posting here for discussion.

The first difference is that the browser control reloads every time you navigate to the pane with the control. DreamSeeker doesn't do that but I can understand why the WebClient would.

The next difference is that the browser control reloads every time you navigate away from the pane. DreamSeeker doesn't do that and I don't understand why the WebClient would.

My questions are;
Is there any hope that the WebClient can behave like DreakSeeker and not refresh those browser controls when navigating between panes. I figure it's unlikely.

Why are we refreshing the browser control when navigating away from the pane with the browser control? This seems like an unwanted behavior that we can control.

Going forward, perhaps DreamSeeker should be updated to behave the same way as the WebClient to reduce the amount of conditional checks we need. This will break existing implementations but it will keep the two in sync.

I haven't actually seen the refreshing behavior in action; it's not supposed to refresh on navigation at all. To me that sounds like the host browser is misbehaving.
Filed a Beta Bug with repro.