ID:2035478

Use to be a fun zombie survival shooter on here,now I can't find it, I am unaware if the name has changed.
Falacy took down all their games because they got kekt by mods. Source is available somewhere I think
It became broken whenever BYOND updated and I'm pretty sure Falacy gave up on it and started working on whatever the hell his new game is
You like survival shooters, eh?

hes porting his zombie game into unity 3d actually, if you ask he'll let you play a cool little demo
In response to Zagros5000
I second this. I'm not a fan of Falacy, but when I saw his 3D Box Zombies game a year or so ago, it was pretty cool.
I still have the source, and it compiles fine in 510, though I haven't run it, I'll assume it's fine.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
I second this. I'm not a fan of Falacy, but when I saw his 3D Box Zombies game a year or so ago, it was pretty cool.

Falacy was so ahead of the curve for BYOND. I look forward to seeing his successful Unity games on Steam.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
I still have the source, and it compiles fine in 510, though I haven't run it, I'll assume it's fine.

Boy, I bet that code is a steaming pile of trash to look through.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Rushnut wrote:

Boy, I bet that code is a steaming pile of trash to look through.

=}
In response to Rushnut
I'm not sure if I've ever been as correct in an assessment in my entire life.
Lol he made that game in 2007, he's obviously improved and moved on as he got a degree and is making shit for fun in unity.
Not to mention the amount of games he ended up releasing after
Zagros5000 wrote:
Lol he made that game in 2007, he's obviously improved and moved on as he got a degree

Maybe, but there are two issues with the assumptions you're making. One is that degrees do not necessarily confer knowledge, as evidenced by, e.g., FizzBuzz tests for interviewees, which arose due to the inability of many college graduates to seriously be able to program.

The second flawed assumption is that Falacy is anything but hostile to ideas he disagrees with, no matter how widely and strongly they are supported. Refer to this thread as an example. That was only a little over four years ago, and I would at least expect if he got a serious re-education in college and realized all his flawed thinking, he would be a little more humbled by the experience. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Not to mention the amount of games he ended up releasing after

You can pour out game after game and not get better at programming, just like you can pour out book after book and not get better at writing. They are sadly only correlated at best.

Basically, I see absolutely no good reason to assume he's still not a babbling Dunning-Kruger-tainted imbecile who thinks that because he can program he can program well.
i'm well aware that a degree doesn't mean your a great programmer i was implying that hes done something with his life and moved on. also im pretty sure that was when he first went into college, he even said himself almost everything he learned from DM was thrown out the window when he first started

and he has a point, if you're trying to make a lot of money off your games or are serious about game dev then byond isn't the place to be

ignoring his best programmer part lol
Eeehh... I spend an awful lot of time unteaching stuff that Falacy taught. It's really hard to deal with people who learned from his examples because he couldn't separate "it works" from "its right".

That said, he's good at making stuff. I'll grant him that.

His personal foibles make him hard to deal with, but in so many cases I would argue that he's not wrong per se, just unwilling to see the bigger picture. Guy's sort of moved on though. Measuring penises with the teenage version of a guy who is no longer here is kinda pointless.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Eeehh... I spend an awful lot of time unteaching stuff that Falacy taught. It's really hard to deal with people who learned from his examples because he couldn't separate "it works" from "its right".

That said, he's good at making stuff. I'll grant him that.

His personal foibles make him hard to deal with, but in so many cases I would argue that he's not wrong per se, just unwilling to see the bigger picture. Guy's sort of moved on though. Measuring penises with the teenage version of a guy who is no longer here is kinda pointless.

yea hes not really active anywhere to be honest. hell even on facebook, where I leave him birthday messages every year :P
Zagros5000 wrote:

That's literally the part I was referring to. I'd have expected being told "you're wrong" by a dozen people far more intelligent than you would be a bit of a humbling experience.

Ter13:
I would argue that he's not wrong per se, just unwilling to see the bigger picture

Unfortunately, there are a lot of times where refusing to pay attention to the bigger picture leads you to being utterly wrong. When you argue there isn't a forest because you can only see the one tree in front of you, you're not correct.

Also, was he a teenager four years ago? That would explain a lot.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Zagros5000 wrote:

That's literally the part I was referring to. I'd have expected being told "you're wrong" by a dozen people far more intelligent than you would be a bit of a humbling experience.

Ter13:
I would argue that he's not wrong per se, just unwilling to see the bigger picture

Unfortunately, there are a lot of times where refusing to pay attention to the bigger picture leads you to being utterly wrong. When you argue there isn't a forest because you can only see the one tree in front of you, you're not correct.

Also, was he a teenager four years ago? That would explain a lot.

he was a teenager like 12 years ago. I remember his little forum Straygames and how it was covered in hentai threads. The mark of a teenager
In response to Ss4gogeta0
oh damn he's a lot older than i expected
In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
he was a teenager like 12 years ago. I remember his little forum Straygames and how it was covered in hentai threads. The mark of a teenager

And that would explain a whole lot more.
Page: 1 2