ID:2035537

Resolved
The Child control has been updated to avoid moving unused panes around the document. This will help prevent browser controls in those panes from refreshing at unwanted times.
BYOND Version:510.1321
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 48.0.2564.109
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Repro:
1. Host & Launch
2. Notice this in Dream Daemon as expected

BYOND hub reports port 8803 can be reached by players.
resources sent to client. Browser pages loading.
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1

3. Click on Navigate button away button
4. Notice two new browser loaded entries in Dream Daemon which is not expected.

Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1

5. Click Navigate Back (Note 'Esc' macro isn't working in the WebClient. Not sure that it should.)
6. Notice we get two more browser loaded entries which I think you're suggesting should not happen either.

Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1

Repro Files.
https://drive.google.com/ open?id=0B9tEOkVmyGwlb2tCNVpBbVlnblU

uh... so the above results are from Chrome.

Here's Firefox on initial navigation!?!Two loaded events from browser 1? What the heck? Updating Firefox to latest and... same problem.

Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1

Here's all repro steps completed. Silly that it loads them in somewhat unexpected order but it is allowed.

Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
IE11 behaves like Chrome.

Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Browser_1_Loaded=1
Browser_2_Loaded=1
Although I'm not getting the debug messages in my tests in Dartium (that's kind of weird), I see what's happening here. It's because the browsers are in a pane, and the pane is being reparented rather than hidden.

Iframes have a very unfortunate tendency in all browsers to refresh when their place in the DOM changes, and by unfortunate I mean stupid.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8318264/ how-to-move-an-iframe-in-the-dom-without-losing-its-state

Apparently this bug started in Firefox, all the other browsers aligned with its stupid behavior, and now nobody wants to fix it. As far as I can tell, there's no actual spec requiring the iframe to be reloaded simply because it moved around in the DOM tree.

This is something I ran into a while back when I was setting up the "expand" mode for the first time.
Ok, sounds like you're still mulling it over. I'll think about other ways to organize the UI but wait for you to declare this one way or the other.
I can't fix the bad browser behavior for iframes, but I might be able to alter pane behavior so that unused panes are hidden rather than swapped out. That would minimize the ways this could be triggered.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The Child control has been updated to avoid moving unused panes around the document. This will help prevent browser controls in those panes from refreshing at unwanted times.