ID:2036618

Im trying to join a sever and once it has downloaded all the files no join game menu shows up however when ever i rejoin the sever, it freezes and give an byond error message saying "Encountered an improper argument"

i've tried uninstaling and reinstaling, clearing the cach (which only lets me to download the files again but still join game menu)removing the cache file and even removing the whole byound file once i uninstalled it.
dispite all these the same thing keeps happening, and only for this sever. any others and it works fine.

Any and all advice on this would be awesome.

That's most likely a game bug. You should contact the developers of the game and let them know the details.
Actually a game bug is not necessarily likely. The "Encountered an improper argument" message is something generated by the Windows libraries BYOND depends on--specifically, something called from byondwin.dll or from one of the .exe files directly. Unfortunately the error message is utterly cryptic and never includes any indication of where the call occurred.

There are apparently a few scenarios where this can happen--some are known to exist in Dream Maker--but I've never seen any of them in action. It appears to be highly system-dependent.
In the case of Dream Maker the problem was caused by BYOND software encountering paths larger than 255 characters. You could try clearing your cache, in the event that there's a path larger than 255 characters in there.

Other than that I wouldn't know what's causing this either.