ID:2039727

BYOND Version:510.1321
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 48.0.2564.109
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: The Webclient no longer loads for me. I get as far as the downloading resources phase, but the tab stops responding before it finishes.

The errors I get via Google Chrome's console:

Generating default styles
webclient.dart.js:30777 Filling skin HTML
webclient.dart.js:30777 Creating skin controls
webclient.dart.js:30777 Activating map
webclient.dart.js:30777 StageXL render engine : WebGL
webclient.dart.js:30777 Ready to begin play
webclient.dart.js:32893 WebGL: INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION: clear: attachment has a 0 dimension
webclient.dart.js:32893 WebGL: INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION: clear: attachment has a 0 dimension
webclient.dart.js:33270 WebGL: INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION: drawElements: attachment has a 0 dimension

Expected Results: For the Webclient to load.

Actual Results: The Webclient hangs.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? All projects.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? It does not.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) Occurs as far back as the beginning of the 509 series.

Workarounds: N/A

510.1321 is not current. What happens in 510.1326?
In response to Lummox JR
I get the same outcome.

Also, a detail I forgot to mention: even though I never actually see the game load, Dream Daemon shows my key logged into the game.
If you can get me a copy of the project, I'll take a look.

It would also be helpful if you could give me any error messages that appear in your JavaScript console. There probably is one.
In response to Lummox JR
My bad, I listed it occurred in all projects, when now it only occurs in my project specifically (I got a basic source to load in the Webclient).

Console logs: Pastie.org link
Project: Check your BYOND pager.
I don't see an issue with your project. However I am seeing that Chrome is giving me intermittent problems in 510.1326, and those problems go away in the newer webclient script I have, so I'm going to do a new release. (The problems I get do generate an error in the console, though, and would not result in the output you saw.)
Looking forward to it.

And yeah, it's definitely Google Chrome. The BYOND version doesn't seem to matter. I had no problems not too long ago (1-2 months).
Update: No relief with the new build (unless you meant the next next release).
I meant 1326. So the JS console isn't showing you any errors at all, just debug messages?

I tested your project and it came up just dandy for me.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I meant 1326. So the JS console isn't showing you any errors at all, just debug messages?

No errors, just what I posted before.
So far, I tried:
  • Disabling various systems within my project (map, skin, ...).
  • Clearing Google Chrome's cache, cookies, etc.
  • Creating a blank .dms file.

None worked.

I did just come across one thing though. Disabling the skin .dmf file allows the screen to load, but I get a lot more of the same warnings/errors. The one posted below is about 3x less what I received the first 2 runs.

Log: Pastebin
Here's a log without the blank .dms file enabled (so no skin files at all).

So a bunch of the same thing. But what's for sure: no .dmf file means I can use the Webclient. Not feasible, but progress.
Any more word on this?

Sucks, as I had developed an interest in using the Webclient, only to find out I can no longer use it.
I have nothing I can investigate. Your project does work in the webclient.
In response to Lummox JR
Fair enough.

Appreciate the help.
I came across what I believe to be is a bug with the web-client's Rendering mode. So far, I've doubly reproduced an issue where my player stops animating during movement, as a result of changing my Rendering mode three times in one session. I can post this as its own topic if you want.

As far as the issues I'm having with loading the web-client, I found my interface file's chat_pane control is what causes it. When the aforementioned is removed from the interface (not just disabled; that doesn't work either), I can load my project in the web-client. The pane simply being included (doesn't have to be used anywhere) is a problem.

Any ideas?

Edit: It's actually not just the chat_pane. I just moved my interface to a fresh testing project, and it wouldn't run in the web-client, even after removing the chat_pane. Working on singling out the other problem controls.

Edit: In addition, the controls character_window and technique_window do not allow the web-client to load. With the latter, the loading still freezes, but the console still responds. I get a bunch of errors spammed continuously that look like this.

webclient.dart.js:33379 GET http://localhost:3336/media/images/skill_window.png 500 (Internal Server Error)

The above stood out because the resource it's referring to is in the right place.
If you can distill it down to a demo, I can take a look. But it's iffy, because your project did work for me in the webclient.
In response to Lummox JR
Are you using the latest Google Chrome?

Here's a simple test project. character_window present in the interface does not allow the web-client to load. Removing it remedies this. (technique_window was doing the same thing at first, but it stopped; constant problem with the former though, same for chat_pane.)
I did test it in Chrome at the time, yes.
I should have been more specific; what version of Chrome are you using? I want to test it myself and see if there is a difference.
Page: 1 2