ID:2042539

Just today I updated Byond to 509.1319 so that I could play ss13. Immediately after updating I went and clicked on the server I like to play... only for the pager to freeze up and tell me "not responding". I've waited for some time and it doesn't ever return to normal. I've had to end it multiple times. Does the same thing every time I try to join any server on any game. I was able to play DU for example right before updating, but was faced with this issue right after. Oh and when I try to uninstall byond to set it up again, it wont let me because it's still open somewhere... But I can't find it open anywhere. It's like it's still waiting for the game to respond but the window just never popped up.
Check your task manager. byond.exe will still be open there. If you can't shut it down, then the likely cause of your problem is that you have antivirus or security software interfering with it.

Avast has been a particular nuisance, because they keep snagging on BYOND. (And weirdly, that only happens for some users, not all.) If you have Avast, you need to add BYOND to its exceptions and report this as a false positive.
I was impatient and ended up doing a system recovery. Lol. Now the problem is solved, but I need to go and download everything I had again xD. Thank you for your help.