ID:2042588

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
So my game runs fine on 507 version but everything runs slowly on 509.
While lag appears to be normal in 509 when I use the keys to move the movement is laggy and very slow also windows(interfaces) update much slower.
Can I download previous versions somewhere??
Try on the latest version
People have noticed inexplicable speed improvements in 510, so you definitely should try that.
Is it stable?? Also what caused this speed thing with 509??
510 is not currently the stable version (e.g., it hasn't been finalized), but it has shown considerable stability. It's plenty safe to use.

The speed thing I can't explain. I can only say that users have been raving about 510 being a heck of a lot faster, for reasons I'm really not sure about. Even though the rendering loop went through considerable changes, it shouldn't have changed all that much.
in 510 I get a silly error it says error: invalid variable it doesn't have a line for me to fix it
Send me a zip of your project and I'll take a look.
So it has to do with my AI file disabled AI and it compiles smoothly I'm going to try to spot the problem hopefully in an hour or so I'll know the cause.
if(Counter==0)
if(PlayerKingdom.Peace[CounterKingdom.No]==1)
var/Message/msg=new/Message("PeaceTreaty_Attacked",CounterKingdom);usr.client.Messages+=msg
else
var/Message/msg=new/Message("AIDeclaresWar",CounterKingdom);usr.client.Messages+=msg

var/Kingdom/PlayerKingdom=GetKingdom(1)
PlayerKingdom.War[CounterKingdom.No]=1;

so heres the deal PlayerKingdom was defined later. but shouldn't that produce the error that a variable was used before its definition?? also why doe 509 compile with this error??
Because of this
Ok so I should just be careful with warnings since it will most likely appear there.

When did that started happening I mean I remember the error "use precedes declaration"
Best response
Older versions shouldn't have compiled that code; that's an error. The problem was, the error message was being suppressed in places it shouldn't have been. Newer versions correctly let the error message through.

However, there's an underlying problem you saw, which is that there's no line number associated with it. That's why the error was originally suppressed in the first place. That's a lot harder to pin down.

I can't help but mention you're doing some awful things in that code. You should never use ==1 and ==0 to check on true/false conditions. For a value that's only ever true or false, you use if(value) for truth and if(!value) for false. That way the code is more robust.
Also guys now I get another error invalid expression at my dme file where it says #include "Battle.dm"

why should that be an error???

edit:
Ok error solved the error was in AI.dm though...