ID:2043432

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
What does your debugging process look like when creating a web client based game and you need to frequently run through your code?

I am hosting the server through dream daemon and then playing the game through byond.com/play/embed/localhost:[port] - however, I must stop dream daemon, recompile and then launch the dmb again in order to reflect any changes.

Is there a better way to do this? Can I create a pre/post build command to stop and start web daemon respectively between compiles?

Is there a better way to approach testing web client based UI?

Thank you for your help.
I am hosting the server through dream daemon and then playing the game through byond.com/play/embed/localhost:[port] - however, I must stop dream daemon, recompile and then launch the dmb again in order to reflect any changes.

Is there a better way to do this?

I don't think I follow; the process is the same for both the client (Dreamseeker) and the Webclient. (However, I don't recall if the Webclient automatically reconnects.)
I believe simply updating the code and Reboot()ing the world through runtime should make the process smoother.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
I don't think I follow; the process is the same for both the client (Dreamseeker) and the Webclient. (However, I don't recall if the Webclient automatically reconnects.)

With Dream Seeker I can press Build -> Run and it will open. However, for every iteration with the Web Client I have to Build -> Compile and then load the world via Dream Daemon and then open my web browser and refresh the page.

Ishuri Wrote:
I believe simply updating the code and Reboot()ing the world through runtime should make the process smoother.

Thank you I will give that a try.
Best response
You can reboot Dream Daemon after you compile, and the webclient will simply reconnect. The only time you can't is if the .rsc is locked up because you've made an important change to the game's resources. Minor code changes shouldn't have any impact.