ID:2043832

BYOND Version:509
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 48.0.2564.116
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When I click on a button in a pop-up menu in SS13, the game occasionally goes unresponsive. After killing the process in Task Manager, I can't join any game. Only shutting my computer down and powering it on again allows me to join back.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Start Byond
2. Join an SS13 server
3. Click on any button in a pop up menu
4. 25% of the time, this results in the game going unresponsive and requires a restart of my computer before I can join back

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
The game not crashing
Actual Results:
25% of the time the game will go unresponsive causing a restart of my computer before joining back

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? 25% of the time
In other games? Not sure
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? I only have one computer

When does the problem NOT occur?
About 75% of the time

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I did not have this issue 9 months ago, when I first started playing SS13,so whichever version was the most up to date 9 months ago (Version 508?)
Workarounds: None that I know of

I need something a little more substantive to go on. This isn't something I can investigate as it stands now.
Ok, I will try to get a video showing what happens.

Also for reference I have tried a few things to fix this issue, none of which solved the issue:

- Cleared my cache multiple times
- Reinstalled Byond
I found my issue. Each time I would clear my cache, it would give me a notification saying telling me that my cache was cleared, but immediately after I closed the notification, the BYOND pager would go non responsive. I brushed this off at first, thinking it was nothing. Yesterday, I did some poking around and discovered that the cache was never cleared. When I tried to delete it manually, Windows Explorer goes non responsive. I made a new directory to see if having a fresh cache folder would even solve my issue, and it did... for a time. It seemed to have a relapse later to crashing whenever I pressed a button on a pop up menu in game.

So, I need to figure out how to delete the cache folders so I don't waste HDD space each time I make a new directory. I have already tried nuking the folder with the command prompt, didn't work. I understand this is not really a BYOND problem anymore, but I would be very appreciative of any help.

Thank you!

It sounds like something is holding a file open in the folder. After a reboot, I would think the old directories would be fair game to delete.