ID:2047780

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Right now, client.color seems to affect objects individually, instead of applying to the final image. Would it be possible to instead have it apply to the final render (post-planes) instead?.

Alternatively, could the behavior of NO_CLIENT_COLOR together with blend_mode be clarified? In some cases it appears to be able to act as a mask (i.e what Bravo1 did for lighting pre-510)
If you want to apply a color to everything regardless of NCC, you'd want to put it all in the same plane. Might be sensible anyway, since you can always move HUD items to another plane.

I'm not sure what you mean about blend_mode.
Right. The problem is that it can't all be on the same plane, since I can't place a plane "inside" another plane. Using client.color causes one of the involved planes to cap out, which destroys the color information.

I need to multiply the final image by 2x *after* the lighting has been multiplied with the diffuse.

And using a black icon with BLEND_ADD and NO_CLIENT_COLOR supposedly results in some incredibly weird effects where the area under the icon has client.color negated. I haven't tested it myself though.
I'm not sure I understand your lighting situation.
Plane 0 contains the map itself, plane 1 contains the lighting. After these are multiplied together, the result of that needs to be multiplied by two *after* they're blended together, otherwise one of them will cap out.

I figured client.color could help me with this, but it's fairly useless since the planes are treated individually.
I think I get the rough outline of what you mean. You're basically looking for something where multiple planes could be grouped in a sort of KEEP_TOGETHER type of deal, and the result of that could be given its own matrix in turn.

As of right now there's nothing setup for anything that complex. I'm not sure how I'd implement a change that would fit your needs, but I'm open to suggestions. Specifically I mean I'd be looking for some kind of syntax and a rough idea of how to fit that into the current icon generation and sorting algorithms. The renderer is probably the easiest part to deal with.