Land of Fire

by Pixelcomet
Land of Fire
An atmospheric, anime inspired role playing game.
ID:2049820

Hi, After setting the foundations for our new combat system we've now turned our focus on actually building the first hour or so of game play right up from character creation to playing through the game's prologue(tutorial for the most part) We believe that a good first impression would do us a lot of good. I won't spoil the current story line we're developing but I can drop hints and teasers of where the scenes are going to take place.

Not much art was done this week as a result, since we've spent our time designing how you, the player will spend this crucial first hour within Land of fire.

If you've been keeping up with our social media sites( Those get updated consistently throughout the week so if you haven't you should totally follow those pages!)through the week you'd be able to take front seat as we showcase our daily progress. With that said here's some art.

This is a WIP of our title screen... heavy WIP..

Here's the final result of the character creation process.[Actual screenshot]

Meanwhile, I've been working hard at completing the first scene of a cinematic sequence we're looking to introduce. Right now It's just a scrolling parallax background.

Here's how it looks with some blend modes and fancy stuff added.

For some reason I can only get them to record at 30fps but the game runs these at 60fps so expect some choppiness here. But with these we hope you can feel the kind of atmosphere we're hoping to create with these scenes.

Remember we post to these social media sites daily. If you want to show your support for the game be sure to drop by!

Stunning. No words to describe this beauty!

Keep it up! *.*
The gifs screw with the colors a lot, here's a still
Beautiful
My god that is some gorgeous artwork.

Byond`s Gangsta
SulLight wrote:
nah, we just wanted to do something similar.

More like this particular area was inspired by Exentrixs' style of visuals
wish i had you guys to help me with my game idea :(
I like the character customization (it's similar to an idea of my own). Are the base skin tones run-time generated?

Do the symbols (the green ones) have significance? I'm not sure I favor the clear Transcend(ence?) influence.
Yes they do hold quite a bit of significance for this particular area and actually play a big role in our plot as a whole. They are generated.
amazing, bro
I like this.

Regardless of the BS criticism for having ties to anime - it's one of the best looking games being developed for BYOND at the current time. (for both visuals and features)

Things like crafting and well thought out interfaces really make this look great to me. I wish you the best of luck and hope your progress remains steady.
Thank you !
Yut Put wrote:
looks very similar to the thing exentriks gaming is working on, is he working with you now?

I am not but I do like their work very much. I don't mind at all that they are referencing my game, in the end it works out for all of us.
The only thing I wouldn't mind if they made at least a bit of an effort to let people know that, instead of looking the other way.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
The only thing I wouldn't mind if they made at least a bit of an effort to let people know that, instead of looking the other way.

Pixelcomet wrote:
More like this particular area was inspired by Exentrixs' style of visuals

Read
In response to Ishuri
I meant in the posts themselves, instead of having someone point it out every time. But it's okay it doesn't matter that much, only a few people from within this site will know. But keep up the good work! If the story matches the visuals, this game has tons of potential.
I will do that in the future. No problem.