ID:2050045

Resolved
A new option has been added to the command-line compiler to change and/or remove the error cap.
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
I assume the cap was added to avoid showing the few billion errors that arise when you miss a parentheses, but this makes refactoring needlessly difficult.
The limit was added because the compile bursts into flames after so many errors, then the IDE follows along shortly thereafter.
Ya, this is annoying when we want to rename or replace procs or vars and we change their name and compile to find all the old usages.

Maybe increase it to 500 or put an option in to change it around.

I've definitely hit that issue before myself and agree that simply opening it up to the developer to set would be ideal. DM crashes from too many errors? Lower the number.

I imagine with SS13 it's not trivial to just fix the lot of errors and recompile to get the next bunch, as the game takes forever to compile.
+1
I mean as a side not really it would be nice if the compiler would recognized unclosed parenthesis and spit that out to us instead of giving unlimited errors. Though I could understand that making something that can recognize that could be very difficult.
I recently ran into this as well when fixing up some old DMM files, whilst i can easily whip out IDA and patch the binary to simply no longer check if it exceeds the limit, it would be really nice if we where able to see past 100 errors.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
A new option has been added to the command-line compiler to change and/or remove the error cap.