ID:2050331

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Win7. Before, I was having no problems with BYOND and everything was running smoothly. Now I can't start any games on the hub - I can hit play or enter a server address, but the loading splash never shows and BYOND hangs. I've tried using stable 509 and beta 510, both have the same problem. Interestingly enough, I managed to get it working using one of the older versions [url=http://www.byond.com/download/build/]on the archive[/url] - might've been 507, but I'm not sure.

A cursory google only yields a few unhelpful reddit threads. Can someone help me diagnose this?
Best response
Are you by any chance an Avast user? It's been causing problems for a number of people by blocking Dream Seeker's Internet access. (Not for me, oddly.) If so, you should add the entire BYOND folder to its exceptions list and report the false positive to Avast.

If it's not Avast, it could be some other security software you have running. But Avast started having big problems as of 509, for reasons unknown.

FYI, this forum does not support BBcode, so your link doesn't work the way you intended. Use HTML instead.
Turns out it was Avast all along. Thanks for the help!