So, I had been working on translating part of Aesop's "The Farmer and His Sons" into four languages from my conworld. Took a couple weeks (though it wasn't me devoting myself to it full-time), but I finished it.

Middle Kólşärkik:
Pásyuteh z̧unyosy pëlahole Ikyelësyil. Tilómäfyil kokéthole Molmëş yä mäk hoşpro Äyhímar. Tirótekil mupoli, säy lyunktosi Tilópihyil Ikyelustil opú nóslätosi: "Tilóţohyil, Läytsyo yä eley şoşţosi Folómëş, Eţúkreh nóslätosi ise fi Paklúyul ţesyon Mólistetyest Äyhíremy. Läytsyo yä eley pëlatos opú Paklúyur nir tor kopápro."

A farmer laid dying in his bed. His children argued how they should divide the farm. With his last breaths, he called the children to his bed then spoke: "My children, when I was young, Eţúkro spoke to me and told me that a great fortune exists in this farm's soils. When I have died, this fortune will belong to you."

Vasillic:
Elyun aönnripall kahelh şiäle çàtassi. Fuls assimo a, yise àcaş àrre sin ruënneässi cikassi ińńe urrneöŕ epçàë. Yurel huënaşo a àrre sin, uffetlipallatl àcaşe àrre sin şiälo moççitlipalluï: "Àcaş àrre sin, assimo a heïs u kempall, Şilmuç moççiripall wo twenroätl honok llino àrre fuls epçàïä. Li u çàtpall àn fuls honok farsoŕuï."

A farmer laid in his bed, and he was dying. At this time, the four children of his were yelling and deciding how they will divide the farm. With the last of his breaths, he summoned his children to his bed and spoke to them: "My children, when I was young, the Wealth God said to me that there exists a great fortune in this farm's soil. When I die then this great fortune will be owned by you."

Far Jungles Language:
Līra qunūtḕwa tīpā-zurō ōriko-wē. Tonā atḕwa, lelirē ōriko-wē pōtatḕwa sī lī papōjiqūtewa ōriko-ngu. Ungīro-ngu ōriko-wē, ōri topōtḕtengišèwa lelimanā tīšu-zurō kètotḕtengišè ōrimanā: "Ūzā ngṑ pīngowāliru, Ēša So kètotḕtengišè ōrike tòtḕ rè mujṑ jāngowisī-zurō šḕ līšu-wē. Ūzā ngṑ rapēte yō qile wèqojiqūte šḕ mujṑru."

A farmer was dying in his bed. While this was happening, his children argued about how they farm would be split up by them. With his last breaths, he yelled to the children to come to his bed and he talked to them: "When I was young, the Wealthy God told me that a great treasure exists in this farm's soils. When I die then you will have this treasure."

Proto-Continental:
Retáis 'uc etsǫ́ Peihlo wi Cai wei. Mlant wi, Su' ne Cai wei srǫut i Cai u qor alópse ti Retáisĕft Cai nu wei. Twe Ain sin 'ic 'ai qos, Cai lǫusún Su' ne Cai wi tor tetsáin Cai nu mein: "Ci hein qai Uraluhnísa tetsáin Cai nu mein i Tĕft wi nu Cai wei pĕqés itsár Emrul Eic wei. Qai Co etsǫ́ mǫɂe Cai nu pĕqés Emrul Cai u wei."

A hunter was laying in his yurt, dying. Nearby, his children argued about which of them would inhereit his hunting grounds. With his final breaths, he summoned the children to him and spoke to them: "I was young when the Earth Goddess told me that on this land there exists no one's great bounty. When I die then it is your bounty."

I have pronunciations for all four of these, but they're written in IPA which I don't think many people here understand.
Dijkstra based pathfinding algorithm in UE4 blueprints.

It's tangly looking, but it works :)
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Dijkstra based pathfinding algorithm in UE4 blueprints.

It's tangly looking, but it works :)

Do all blueprints end up looking that tangled or are you just bad at organizing your boxes and squiggly lines
I'm pretty bad at it and this was probably a little (lot) more advanced than I should be working on yet... But I got it to work, so I'm happy :)

Weird little bubble gate particle system in UE4.
In response to Flick
That looks like a picture Developous used one time to demonstrate what the "gate to the Nexus" looks like... does this mean you're finally one of us, Flick?

Currently working on a few projects but one of the more notable one is an engine in C with SDL2.
In response to Mr_Goober
Very nice. Yeah, SDL2 is great to work with for both C and C++. In fact, I just got my CHIP-8 emulator (which I used SDL2) to work on my Raspberry Pi 3.

I plan on doing the same in the future for ClassicVCom HD (which is also built using SDL2).

Edit: That reminds me, I fixed my current time step problems with my emulator (in the process, also my virtual machine) thanks to a nice tutorial out there. Even if you don't have physics for your game (which is the case for both my projects at the moment), it's still great to look at: http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/

My first 3D game. It's not really impressive or special or even... fun. But it's something I honestly never thought I'd do and I'm proud of myself.
libgdx and box2d. Flap, palf.

And yes, I know penguins don't fly. He's confused.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
libgdx and box2d. Flap, palf.

And yes, I know penguins don't fly. He's confused.

It's pretty wild to be in the presence of the next hit mobile game
Added coins and some scoring.

Added a let's play for my Goblin Roguelike:
Awesome work everyone!
Clash of Gods has slowed down due to Programming going AWOL. So mad at him and wanted to change programmer. Anyway, some updates coming soon.

In the meantime me and another programmer who is just amazing have been working on another project called Epok. It's near completion and should have a demo version available soon on our Facebook Page and website.

Gif video coming soon but for now here are latest development screenshot:

I have a feeling someone had a game here with the same name. Apologies if that has happened and we will change name right away.
No post in here for a while, so I figured I'd put up something.

I've been unemployed since December, so in-between hating my life I've been doing more work on my worldbuilding. The two things I've been focusing on most lately are my constructed languages—no surprise—and maps, because the lack of a map nailing down spatial relations more-precisely than tracking relative locations in my head has started to become a bit of an impediment.

I don't have much artistic skill for making an arty-looking map (I tried for several hours and failed miserably), so I'm instead drawing a topographic relief map. Below is the very small area of the overall map that I'm focusing on right now as practice.

With this version, it's somewhat hard to see the color transitions, to here is a high-contrast version of the same image. The legend is wrong in this one, but right for the one above.

On the constructed languages front, I've been wanting to work out some more information on the background of some details in Middle Kólşärkik. I did this by working out some details of an ancestor language, called Pre-Heartlandic, which is still a massive work-in-progress. Initially, I was ambiguous as to where this language fit in the history of the setting, but as I nailed down details I'm pretty confident that it will have been spoken just after the migration from the North-Central Valley into the Northern Heartland.

After working out details of Pre-Heartlandic, I realized that it implied some things about its ancestor, Proto-Hestian, so I started documenting it. Then I realized that I really needed to work out some of the details on oddities in Proto-Hestian (specifically, how its tripartite morphosyntactic alignment and two number paradigms developed), so now I'm working on the ancestor of Proto-Hestian, which I've called Pre-Proto-Hestian. I now have more details on Pre-Proto-Hestian than Proto-Hestian and Pre-Heartlandic, and probably I'm gonna work out sound, morphosyntactic, and semantic changes from it to work back to Middle Kólşärkik. This will likely entail huge changes in the lexicon of Middle Kólşärkik, but I'll do my best to preserve what I have as much as I can. That'll be a tricky task, but I didn't get into constructed languages for the simplicity of the whole thing.

Below is a translation of a variant of Aesop's fable "The Farmer and his Sons", which I also used as a test translation in this post.

Pre-Proto-Hestian:
Kaliwakoi yungkau is müngekausi lotar i yumeso. Yunil i laükesu yumeso akwiyongkausi yoni-ñaü piluʻan yonañ utsingepongkin wakoisutuñtaü yumeři. Řausingo uturn kü yumeso kaliwakoi tsiřekau laükung yumeso kinonil yonañ siʻenu yunil soʻ. Yumañ eñakau ʻow moʻung kom yoneng: "Laükiña loso, pilenil lañ sulenuk kino Tuñsulaür siʻekau yumañ-ñau lonil ün. Yumañ eñakau long ühiketaü tuñurn kom i. Pilenil loñ müngelinük kinonil ühikes kom ʻongwili iřiñepon kosenil řo."

A hunter laid dying in his hut. Around him his children argued with each other over how they would split up his hunting grounds. With his last breaths the hunter commanded his children to come to him. He then spoke these words to them: "Oh my children, when I was young the God of the Land appeared to me. He spoke to me of a gift in this land. When I am dead then this gift will belong to you."

It's a little more verbose than the languages in my other post, but shit happens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'll probably keep fiddling with it a bit, because I realized that some stuff I have above will cause issues when deriving changes from Pre-Proto-Hestian to Proto-Hestian, but the bulk of it shouldn't change.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7