ID:2053001

Resolved
Maptext was not visible in some cases.
BYOND Version:510.1331
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 49.0.2623.87
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Maptext is not visible in versions after 510.1323. The snippet below reproduces it 100% of the time.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Just create some objects, add them to the client screen and you'll notice you don't see them.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
#define CPU_CHECK
#ifdef CPU_CHECK
var/cpu_reading_total = 0
var/cpu_count = 0
var/cpu_average = 0

client/New()
..()
var
obj/o = new/obj { maptext_width = 256; maptext_height = 128; screen_loc = "WEST+1,SOUTH+2"; layer = 100}
obj/p = new/obj { maptext_width = 256; maptext_height = 128; screen_loc = "WEST+1,SOUTH+1"; layer = 100}

screen.Add(o, p)

spawn()
while(src)
cpu_reading_total += world.cpu
cpu_count++
o.maptext = "<font size=+1 color=white><strong>CPU: [world.cpu]</strong></font>"
p.maptext = "<font size=+1 color=white><strong>CPU Average: [round(cpu_reading_total / cpu_count,0.01)]</strong></font>"
sleep(0.25)
#endif

Expected Results: For the maptext to be visible.

Actual Results: The maptext is not visible.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? All projects.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? It doesn't.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

510.1323 worked fine.

Workarounds: N/A

Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Maptext was not visible in some cases.
I found a bug here, but not the one I expected; it actually caused a problem for the whole map, not just for the maptext itself.
Good to know. Looking forward to next release.
Hrm, this is weird. I wasn't able to reproduce your bug in Dream Seeker, and I was thinking all along this was actually a webclient bug. The bug I fixed was a webclient one, so I'm changing this to a webclient report. (It should not have been marked as a DM Language issue.) But if there's still a problem in DS, I'll be happy to look into it if you can provide a demo case.
I can't reproduce your issue. Are you sure this isn't a matter of your video card flaking out? Maptext now creates a temporary texture because it acts like it has a virtual KEEP_TOGETHER with its atom.
In response to Lummox JR
Nevermind; turns out I can see it when I enable use of my graphics card to display maps.