ID:2054641

Resolved
Certain control styles did not get set properly at the time of skin initialization.
BYOND Version:510.1331
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 43.0, Chrome
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Manually setting tab-background-color using winset works in DS but not in Webclient.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1. Load up world.
2. Log into world.
3. By default, everything should be black background/grey text (this was set in the interface editor itself.) Clicking to switch between white background/black text and black background/white text works for everything excepting the tabs in the upper right when using the webclient.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
ChangePane()
set category = "Interface Control"
set name = "Black Text/White Background"
winset(usr, "infowindow.info", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
winset(usr, "info", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
winset(usr, "browserwindow.browser", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
winset(usr, "outputwindow.output", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
winset(usr, "outputwindow", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
winset(usr, "output", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
winset(usr, "infowindow", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
winset(usr, "rpane", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
winset(usr, "rpane.rpanewindow", "text-color=#000000;background-color=#ffffff;tab-text-color=#000000;tab-background-color=#ffffff")
return
ChangePane1()
set category = "Interface Control"
set name = "Grey Text/Black Background"
winset(usr, "infowindow.info", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
winset(usr, "info", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
winset(usr, "browserwindow.browser", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
winset(usr, "outputwindow.output", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
winset(usr, "outputwindow", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
winset(usr, "output", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
winset(usr, "infowindow", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
winset(usr, "rpane", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
winset(usr, "rpane.rpanewindow", "text-color=#AAAAAA;background-color=#000000;tab-text-color=#AAAAAA;tab-background-color=#000000")
return

Expected Results:

Tab background color should change to its respective set color in DS and Webclient.

Actual Results:

Tab background color only changes in DS.

Does the problem occur:

Every time? Or how often?

Every Time

In other games?

Unknown

In other user accounts?

All tested accounts, guest and logged in.

On other computers?

On all of my other computers.

When does the problem NOT occur?

When using DS.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

No, the problem also occurred in earlier versions.

Workarounds:

None found.

Any clue yet as to what's causing this?
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I can't reproduce your issue in my test project. The tab-background-color setting works correctly.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I can't reproduce your issue in my test project. The tab-background-color setting works correctly.

http://imgur.com/ZtJH3k1

Fresh screenshot from my project shows it not working properly.
I need a demo.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I need a demo.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tmmstv is my source. You can also log into the server right now - http://byond.com/play/embed/ anthroesoterica.servegame.com:10667 Use DS and the Web Client
Logging into a remote server doesn't help. I need to run both ends. I'll look into your demo on Monday.
No big rush, I'm still working on other stuff and don't have any code changes planned for a few days.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Certain control styles did not get set properly at the time of skin initialization.
Was there any code that needed to be changed on my side of things to make this work? The tab background color still isn't changing in the web client, it remains grey instead of changing to white or black.
No, nothing should need to change. I tested the fix on your source.
I see. The fix works in Chrome, but not FireFox.
Curious. I didn't test it in Firefox, so maybe that's it, although it's straightforward enough that it should have worked. I don't know why it would work in one and not the other. The way the fix works, it sets those styles directly in the main document instead of in a child <style> element like it used to.

Does your JavaScript console show any errors?
The console shows a bunch of errors during loadup, but none occur when I try switching back and forth between the two interface color schemes and none are detailed enough in their description to give me a hint as to if an error for this even exists.
What are the errors?
Tons of WebGL: Incomplete Framebuffer errors.
The WebGL errors are meaningless; I was only concerned if there were any others that might point out the issue.
None that give me any indication. Incidentally, ads aren't working in Chrome or FireFox, and FF has uBlock disabled for BYOND. IE is at whatever defaults it has set, as I never touch it except for downloading FireFox.