In response to EmpirezTeam
Well clearly we need a MMOBAFPS.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:

Mostly Males Online Being Assholes For Perfect Sex?
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Popisfizzy wrote:

Mostly Males Online Being Assholes For Perfect Pretend Sex?

Fixed.
In response to Flick
100x better!
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Location doesn't really prevent players from having similar stories. Unless you create a separate quest line for each and every possible location a player could start at, they're going to complete the same quests, fight the same bosses, acquire the same loot and fight the same PvP at endgame.

I think there's a mod for Skyrim that allows you to start off at a random location. The thing is, you're playing the same Skyrim. So your first like, 10-15 minutes are different from other players, but that's about it. By the time you've beat the final boss, you've done a bunch of stuff everyone else who played Skyrim has. Maybe not in the exact same order, but that's not relevant.

I agree design would need to have layers of customizable solutions. I specifically wanted to know how to make starting unique. The starting story is solved simply by having players create their starting locations.

Perhaps other systems can be solved in a similar manner. Where the player crafts the next stages in their journey via some mechanic. This mechanism may be a hidden meta data extractor. It could also be something that requires direct input. Once the data is received all that is needed is to generate per the data's instruction.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:

I believe that's what Overwatch is.
Page: 1 2