ID:2056169

Poll: Do you like what you see?

Nice! 58% (18)
Meh. 41% (13)

Login to vote.

I began work on Pixelatia about three weeks ago.
Contains

Skill System
* With a drag/drop type skill system, skillswapping has never been easier.

Battle System
* Turn based battle system.
* Enemy has AI, and can choose when to use certain attacks/spells(can also heal themselves)

Profession System
* Cut down trees, make shields/staves. Plant food, pick it & cook it. Mine copper, then make an axe from it. The choice is yours!

Inventory System
* A HUD System packed with a border system for quick HUD controls makes the Inventory System look much smoother.

Interaction/Storytelling System
* A slick scrolling dialogue box will help tell the story.
"There has been a disturbance as of late. Princess Leia Arlynn has personally asked me to recruit every able bodied warrior for a q-"

... The suspense!
Its scrolling dialogue. Lol. I am looking for a pixel artist to help bring the game to life.
I was thinking the same thing. I've never done any pixel art whatsoever, so I'm learning about shading & other techniques I never thought I'd be interested in. I'm in the Simulation & Game Design field, so this is all really useful to me. I also have made the background music. I'm thinking I just want someone to design the HUD for me. re-do the buttons(unequip,drop,pickup,equip) (64x32) and maybe a nice HP bar/MP bar/AP bar/XP bar setup. Other than that, I can do everything with sub-par sprites that I've made. I just want the HUD to look nice & flashy.
i've never heard of it before. but thanks, i guess? :O
Ahh. This is my first stab at pixel art, not game development. I began programming at the age of 11. :)

Update
* I have done-away with the stat panel. Everything is either HUD or Text based now.
* Fixed an error with the changing of skills.

Update
Anvil System
Upgrade your item from +1 to +10, increasing the stats each time! Just be careful & don't break it. #chaos

Item Dropping
Semi-Insignificant, but enemies now on occasion drop items that you can pickup to aid you in your adventures.
Update
Shops

* You can now purchase equipment or items from the shopkeep.
* Use them at +1 or try your luck at the anvil!