ID:2057563

BYOND Version:510.1332
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 49.0.2623.87
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When using a skin file wherein the main window is larger than (or close to) the client's monitor resolution, their screen becomes very slim and they cannot see anything.

For example, during a recent test session of mine, my friend experienced this issue at 1366x768 resolution. However, the game's resoluton is 1024x736, therefore everything should have been fine. Instead, his screen shrunk considerably (picture).

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: N/A

Expected Results: For the skin to load fine and not resize for users whose resolution is equal to or larger than my skin's default size, 1024x736.

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time, within the given reproduction requirements.
In other games? This isn't the first project I've encountered this, so I'd think so.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? When you have a screen size that is larger than the game's screen size. It has to more than just a little bit larger; for example, my screen size is 1920x1080 and I have no issues.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

It's occurred for the longest time, so no telling. I've just never reported it because of the workaround.

Workarounds: You can force the screen size via a winset() call after the client connects. I shouldn't (and don't want to) have to do this though. Either I'm forcing it for clients that may or may not need it, or doing extra work using JS to determine who does need it and going from there.
Bump