ID:2058169

(See the best response by Zagros5000.)
Tried loading "Your First World" since it's the first file on the Developers page and it seemed like the right place to start but hey I guess I was wrong to choose that one!

Despite all of the icon files and stuff being in the file tree already, the compiler can't find then and absolutely refuses to compile or run the file!

I read the readme of the file to the letter and I've done nothing wrong. I was HOPING this engine would be somewhat simple to pick up but I guess I was wrong about that too!
Its way out of date your best bet would be to read the DM guide. http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/

The language is pretty simple. BYOND is probably the best place to come if you want to make easy games.
Then why is it the first file on the developer page??
Again its out dated.. Those libraries are made by people of the community none of it is official.

The DM guide is what you're mistaking "Your first world" with.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Again its out dated.. Those libraries are made by people of the community none of it is official.

Nevertheless, it's always the first thing that shows up on the developer page. If it isn't working, then it shouldn't be there. It may be community-made, but it's an administrative problem since it is fixed there.

So the people that run this website have no idea how to make a website that makes any kind of sense whatsoever.

Time to find a new engine!
In response to Popisfizzy
Think lummox has more to worry about then searching all libraries and demos on the Developer page for what doesnt work.

Unless a mod wants to do it.
In response to Popisfizzy
THANK YOU THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING

how the living hell am I supposed to know that that page is community driven
In response to RinaChan
lol you're being highly immature you'll fit in perfect here.
In response to Ganite
yeah being very mentally ill and autistic makes me immature, and being unable to use a website that is cumbersome as hell is totally /my/ fault

or OR OOORRRR

how about the DEVELOPERS page has the DEVELOPER GUIDE on it and the COMMUNITY DRIVEN things be under some COMMUNITY tab?
In response to Ganite
glad my mental illness symptoms are entertaining to you, lol!!!!

In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Think lummox has more to worry about then searching all libraries and demos on the Developer page for what doesnt work.

Are you literally stupid? It is fixed to show up as the very first thing on the developer page. If it is there, then it should absolutely be expected to work. I can find a very relevant example of a new user being confused by it not working, which presumably leaves a bad impression.

lol you're being highly immature you'll fit in perfect here.

They are not being immature at all, just flabbergasted at (or at least I expect they're flabbergasted at) how poorly some aspects of this website and community are managed. First impression are important, idiot.
bitch who tf you calling a idiot.
the FIRST THING on the MAIN DEVELOPER PAGE labelled "MY FIRST WORLD" not working is totally me being immature right okay

get bent
Best response
seems like auto file_dir is unchecked. just do this;

manually writing in the file dirs save you time when compiling though

In response to Ganite
you ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡° )
Just to add onto the conversation, if you go to option then click preferences check automatically set File_DIR, that should fix the problem and run the project just fine.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
bitch who tf you calling a idiot.

Someone who is demonstrably a drooling imbecile, apparently.
In response to Zagros5000
Thank you very much for your clear, conscise and detailed reply that both a) fixed the problem b) didn't insult me
im the bad guy cause I said it doesn't work fuck outa here. im done for i get to fuckin shit up
Page: 1 2