GreatPirateEra wrote:
Motherfucker, you mad?

Sooo mad ugh shaking I.R.L.!
In response to DarkTemplarX96
I know. I'm terrifying >:)
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
I know. I'm terrifying >:)

Honestly I'm just silly I apologize for coming at you with such hostility. That first message was sent at like 4am and I was tired and thought you said something completely different after I re-read it I was "oh yeah that's true".
the point is that rule applies to any game made in any engine, athk
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Sure, it's a great mini goal. But you can't live off the donations, or can you?

NEStalgia is sold, not donated for.

A.T.H.K wrote:
There's no way in hell you're living off it unless you're getting a mad exchange rate and have a low cost of living.

NEStalgia launched on Steam in April of 2014. Sales were six figures in 2014, and another six figures in 2015. Even if it were my only income stream I highly doubt that I'd be complaining about "living off of it".

A.T.H.K wrote:
And that's why it's unrealistic, people think they can live off making ONE good BYOND game and the fact is you can't.

As I illustrated above, a person could in fact could do just that for at least a few years. However, I think that the majority of developers (including me) don't just plan on releasing one game and then retiring. Having one commercially successful game makes developing another one all that much easier.
In response to SilkWizard
Your stagnant 200 reviews on the Steam hub sure reflect a lot of sales!
Thread goes nuts
I have no idea what is going on reading the comments
All of the people who threw this thread into chaos are people I have pager banned

^ this happens on a regular basis. I logged out and read the comments and I'm honestly shocked at how toxic and blatantly forum-destroying certain individuals are allowed to be without punishment.

can't we all just agree that it's funny BYOND was on television
In response to Yut Put
Yut Put wrote:
Thread goes nuts
I have no idea what is going on reading the comments
All of the people who threw this thread into chaos are people I have pager banned

^ this happens on a regular basis. I logged out and read the comments and I'm honestly shocked at how toxic certain individuals are allowed to be without punishment.

All the mods probably have them pager banned as well. :P
SilkWizard said:
As I illustrated above, a person could in fact could do just that for at least a few years. However, I think that the majority of developers (including me) don't just plan on releasing one game and then retiring. Having one commercially successful game makes developing another one all that much easier.

Agreed; this was pretty much my point initially -- but then I realized I didn't care for this thread. Some favor ignorance anyway.
Sleepycast made mention of SS13 a while back. So there's more BYOND fame for you!

https://soundcloud.com/sleepycabin/ sleepycast-s2e6-game-guys-gone-wild

Skip to 58:20 for the SS13 stuffs.
In response to Azurift
lmfao so amusing listening to their stories
In response to Azurift
What is Space station 13, never heard of it sounds interesting!
In response to Zasif
Zasif wrote:
What is Space station 13, never heard of it sounds interesting!

its a game where you make bombs and blow stuff up
In response to Zasif
Believe it! dattebayo!
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
its a game where you make bombs and blow stuff up

And our children are playing these ISIS games with their hip and modern propaganda?!

In response to SilkWizard
SilkWizard wrote:
NEStalgia launched on Steam in April of 2014. Sales were six figures in 2014, and another six figures in 2015. Even if it were my only income stream I highly doubt that I'd be complaining about "living off of it".

I highly doubt you've gotten six figures off this game, that's a bit of an exaggeration.. Unless you're willing to show proof.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
I highly doubt you've gotten six figures off this game, that's a bit of an exaggeration.. Unless you're willing to show proof.

Most BYONDers "highly doubted" that I'd ever be able to successfully promote a game outside of BYOND, highly doubted that NEStalgia would ever be recognized as a legitimate game by outsiders and the gaming media, and then years later highly doubted that NEStalgia could ever actually get on Steam. People around here are so hung up on what they think can't be done that they never even attempt to see what can.

If you actually think that sales in the six figures for an independent game on Steam must be an exaggeration, then your understanding of the industry is incredibly lacking. I don't have any desire to share my financials with you; if you need "proof" that NEStalgia or any other independent Steam game has sold well then you can do some research yourself.

Finally, I'll leave you with one more thing to highly doubt: my next BYOND game (which will also be distributed on Steam) will receive much more exposure and appeal to a much larger subset of gamers. Everything that I've done with NEStalgia so far has been a warm up for what will come next.
Keep talking yourself up mate, you haven't changed one bit. Still the big headed arrogant kid you were years ago.

At least you did one thing with your rip, and that was market well. Something other people on here don't do.
Jeez I taste a lot of salt.
Page: 1 2 3 4