ID:2058748

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I was messing with the new plane master features and something jumped out at me:

when smoothly animating using matrix transformations, there's no way at all to ensure that graphics attempt to display with pixel granularity preserved if say the c and f components of a matrix have been offset by a partial pixel.

This causes blurring and aliasing with transformed graphics that aren't stretched or rotated ruining completely the effect of an otherwise pixelated game. Normally pixel offsets would solve this, but with master planes, there's no way to use pixel offsets.

Would it be possible to implement an appearance flag that would truncate the partial pixels for the matrix transforms' final drawing positions as a temporary stop gap for those of us who care about pixel consistency?
Hmm. Quite possibly, although I'm running out of flag room. I wonder if there's maybe an alternative option. I have more room for animation flags, and that's the main place something like this would tend to come up.
Quite possibly, although I'm running out of flag room.

DAE 64 bit?

Although, TBH this is just a crutch before shader support.
The "bits" member of the Appearance structure is 32 bits, and the new flags start at bit 21. I'm using 21-29 now. Often in these cases bit 31 is used as a "more" flag, although for appearances that's probably not necessary.

The bits get sent in network messages as 32 bits also, so I'd need to alter the message format if I went into the next 32 bits.