ID:2060826

Problem description:

I need to scale the size of an icon, for purposes like scrolling text; like above.
I think you want to take a look at:
This stuff is rather challenging, lol. I'd love to see an example of it being used.

EDIT: Wasn't reading. Lol.

var/obj/HUD/H = new()
var/matrix/M = matrix()
M.Scale(2,2)
H.transform = M

appears to be able to change the scale of an image. Thanks a lot!
It wasn't working & now it is, except the stretched image is blurry and ugly.
Right? Yut, I was noticing my game and the artwork on it...and I feel like it looks like shit. Then..I saw some of..the others. Oh my god. I don't mind that little kids are having little side projects at a young age that are ugly and unorganized, like I did...I just don't like that it's becoming the standard.
icon.Scale() doesn't blur when scaling up an icon.
In response to W3SL3Y1SM3SSY
W3SL3Y1SM3SSY wrote:
Right? Yut, I was noticing my game and the artwork on it...and I feel like it looks like shit. Then..I saw some of..the others. Oh my god. I don't mind that little kids are having little side projects at a young age that are ugly and unorganized, like I did...I just don't like that it's becoming the standard.

My 2 cents would be not to worry about art too much. It's pretty much like Yut said in his second reply: you must find a healthy balance.

You may look at some other games and see that they have good art, but if you were to play some of these games, you'd find the art is just a cover for what the game really lacks in gameplay and/or design.

In short: As far as I know, you are making your game solo, so your art will naturally evolve. I'd recommend focusing more on making the game fun and immersive. You will find interested players if you do this right. For example, SS13 doesn't exactly look the greatest, but you can't deny its popularity. (I've never played it but have read some interesting player experiences.)

Later on, you can focus on making it look prettier once you get better at drawing, have support from the game to purchase art, or what-have-you.
If you want to preserve the pixels exactly when zooming in, I would suggest creating a temporary icon and using Scale() on it rather than transform.

The deal with that is that when an icon is transformed, the texture sampling that's done uses the default linear method. I suppose in theory an appearance flag might make it feasible to avoid that, but it's a tricky business. Might be something I'll keep on my list of ideas to look at for 511.
@Lummox: How many babbies does the renderer require as a sacrifice?

I'll get knifing now.