ID:2061020

Resolved
BYOND Version:510.1334
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 49.0.2623.87
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: The map editor's nudge feature shifts the position of all like objects on the same z-map. It should only be shifting the selected (or last placed) object.

Here's a test project I reproduced it in successfully three times.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
  1. Place one of the nudge testing objects down in the map editor and compile.
  2. Place another of the same object.
  3. Begin nudging the last placed object in any direction via Shift + arrow key. You should see every other like instance moving too.

Expected Results: For only the selected or last placed object to be shifted.

Actual Results: All like objects are shifted.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? All games.
In other user accounts? N/A
On other computers? N/A

When does the problem NOT occur? It doesn't. This has been an issue since the introduction of pixel movement when the shift function changed.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

N/A; see above.

Workarounds: I've been manually editing objects' offsets, which gets very tedious when you want something specific.

Ulgh. I took a look in the map code, and that way lies madness. Looks like it's not going to be a quick fix.

I did find a workaround. If you're in Select mode rather than Add or Fill, and select the tile, the nudge works as expected.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I did find a workaround. If you're in Select mode rather than Add or Fill, and select the tile, the nudge works as expected.

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. That's what led me to make that feature request the other day.
Bump? Still an issue and rather obstructive working with a pixel-accurate world (having to manually edit every item and all).
I'm also having a ton of problems because of this.

I actually made my own report at id:2162283 without seeing this one existed, it's a bit more detailed on the specifics of things. (As in, it only happens if the two instances match exactly and whatnot)
I'll take another look and see what I can do with this, once I get some other issues like gamepad foo squared away.
Bump.
Bump; still as much as problem as ever. Then the 'undo' feature to fix the incorrectly nudged objects sometimes undoes several unrelated steps, making things take 3x longer since you're redoing things that were correct.

If it helps, a little something I noticed is that, only sometimes, I can get around the issue by re-selecting the object from the object tree. This works maybe 50% of the time though.

Edit: I'm also noticing an issue where sometimes nudging an object modifies its step_x/y values regardless of 'Nudge as pixels' being ticked on. Very annoying.

This is still an issue. Having to manually edit to avoid triggering this is... tedious, since you don't see changes until after confirming the edit.
Lummox JR resolved issue