ID:2061266

Not a bug
BYOND Version:510.1334
Operating System:Not Sure
Web Browser:Chrome 49.0.2623.108
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Upon upgrading to the latest beta version, if one's icon overlaps a tile with opacity, but is not on that tile, one can see the actual tile the person is standing on. (Sent to me by Alvina Aheiri)

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Set bound_width/bound_height lower than the visible icon area.
2. Move near a wall (with a door above it???) that has opacity.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
//This is untested.
bound_width = 1
bound_height = 1
tile.opacity = 1
tile.density = 1
outerTile.opacity = 0
outerTile.density = 0
door.opacity = 1
door.density = 1

Expected Results:
Opacity is respected.

Actual Results:
http://imgur.com/vdVbULZ

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Very often.
In other games?
Not sure, but probably.
In other user accounts?
Yes.
On other computers?
Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Not sure. Presumably when the icon does not overlap.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Does not occur when the server is on the latest stable version. Client doesn't matter, apparently.

Workarounds:
Not sure. I actually did not test this myself, and am reporting it on behalf of someone else.
There was an issue like this reported for Space Station 13, but it was fixed in an earlier release. I'll need a test case to verify this.
I can't replicate the issue. Perhaps they were using an older version of the client. I'll ask them when they get online.
That's why a second-hand report does me no good; it doesn't tell me vital details. If your server up to date and their client is not, then you're reporting a bug that was already fixed. The specific bug I'm thinking of was strictly client-side.
Yeah, they are using client version 507.1286. I made this bug report just in case it meant anything, as I know nobody else there would. Better safe than sorry. Feel free to close this.
Nadrew resolved issue (Not a bug)