ID:2061559

BYOND Version:510.1334
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 49.0.2623.87
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.

It's been hanging at this screen for some time now. I can't seem to connect to my webclient game hosted on DreamDaemon. Ports have been checked and are operational. My best guess is that byond.com or DreamDaemon is not sending the resources to allow the client to connect properly. This loading screen persists even after DreamDaemon stops hosting.

Alternatively, I'm able to connect using DreamSeeker, verifying that the game is running without runtime errors.

edit: Using the latest BYOND Beta (5.0 Beta Version 510.1334)
edit2: Verified to work with the latest stable version. I'll just be using that then. (509.1319)
Check the console. I have a feeling thatthis is the culprit.
Unfortunately, I'm getting no errors in the console (I had two errors that were related to AdBlock but were irrelevant when disabling it).
You must have something in the console. Please print out the full console output.
Ah yes, here we are:

Dang. I've run into that from time to time and I think it's some kind of insidious timing error. One of the releases had that happening, and it was gone in the next one.

[edit]
Here's something odd: There is no line 40857 in webclient.dart.js.
There is when I try it. It's the very last line of the source file, which shows:

I'm assuming it's just treating the entire anonymous function as an error because of this.
Huh. Notepad is saying the file is shorter than it is. In a different editor I'm seeing the same thing.

Can you retest this in older beta builds (510.1333, etc.) until you can narrow down which version has the issue? That will help a lot in determining where I should look.
I wouldn't know where to get downloads for older versions. Can you point me in the right direction?
http://www.byond.com/download/build/510

You can simply download the .zip version (not the setup zip) and when you unzip it, rename the "byond" folder to something like byond510.1333 or such. Then you open Dream Daemon from the bin folder.
I actually do that for any BYOND build I am currently using, heh. I prefer having a portable version of BYOND over an installed version. I don't use the pager, really.
Oh boy, you're not going to like my answer.

I'm not having the issue on my tablet. 510.1334 reports working just fine. I'm so confused right now. When I get back home I'll do some testing on my desktop to see which version is the last working version.
Thanks. It's probably an intermittent issue on some systems, and may depend a lot on the browser. But I figure if you can find out where it doesn't happen, I can use that to narrow down which changes the system didn't like.
Okay, 510.1333 works on the machine I initially tested. Both of them should have the same OS and Chrome version, which is weird. The tower at home is an AMD processor, whereas my tablet is an Intel.
This happened for me exactly once in 1334, right after the installation. In 1335 I have not been able to reproduce this right after the install.

If you still have the issue in 1335, please let me know. I isolated the only code changes between 1333 and 1334, and they really aren't much.
Tried it with 510.1335. It's working just fine. So I guess the bug has fixed itself for the time being. What a weird thing.