ID:2061726

I'm not sure what it is, but every time I stay online overnight or even 15 or so minutes the connect from the game I was playing cuts out and it tells me to reconnect. Iv looked at other things to make sure it was my computer, turning off certain things like my Ethernet going off when I'm idle or my computer sleeping etc.

And so far nothing has worked. I can't pinpoint the problem Iv also asked the admins about it telling them I'm kicked when idle and they don't know anything that makes it happen.

So I figured Id post here and ask is there any function on Byond that takes me offline over a certain time limit that I can remove? I was hesitant to think its my ISP, but this has never occurred to anything else besides Byond.

I'm also using Windows 10.
BYOND does have an inactivity timeout, but it shouldn't impact you when you're actually playing.
How do you turn it off? Even after being idle for 15 minutes this happens. And its never happened in the past.
Are you sure it isn't something about that specific game?
I ask the admins but they won't give me any info. And say its not them. I don't know for sure if its my ISP lagging and dropping me or there is improper code with the game that lags and drops me or just flat out drops me instead. Its hard to pinpoint when there is this little information since no one wants to talk or own up to something possibly being wrong with their code that doesn't jive well with my computer. Its the first time this has happened so it might be windows 10. Maybe. I can't think of anything else aside from that. Even putting up a connection monitor shows nothing on my end.
Could be your ISP. If you're on a wireless network, frankly I wouldn't rule that out either; a bad wireless connection can cause all sorts of headaches.