pif_MapLoader

by Popisfizzy
pif_MapLoader is a program that allows for the dynamic saving and loading of a .dmm format file or text string.
ID:206208

Note: This library is currently in an unstable state, and is not working correctly. Avoid using, please.

This library saves and loads quickly and efficiently in BYOND's .dmm (map file) format. This provides an easier method as compared to other libraries, which use their own format and require conversion, and will instead load directly from BYOND's map format (it doesn't have to be .dmm files only, but any file that's contents are in the same format).

<!-- Heh, got to avoid lying.
  • Note: All known bugs have been worked out. If any bugs are found, please take them to the forums.
    -->

Versions:

Version 3.00 Beta (February 25, 2008):
  • I've completely rewritten both saving and loading, making saving more efficient and with no known bugs, and accounting for some things in the DMM format that I wasn't previously aware of.

Version 2.05 (May 6, 2007):
  • Several major bugs involving saving, loading, and deleting have been found and resolved, as well as a few minor bugs. Thanks goes out to D4RK3 54B3R for finding them and helping me test them to see if they were fixed.

Version 2.04 (April 30, 2007):
  • A simple bug involving find_space() and its constants has been fixed.

Version 2.03 (April 30, 2007):
  • Added a fix for a security check in referring to a map by an id.

Version 2.02 (April 2, 2007):
  • Madjarjarbinks found a bug, and I fixed it.
  • Added a procedure called map_contents(). It returns all the turfs, objs, and mobs in a given map section.

Version 2.01 (March 31, 2007):
  • I found a bug that deals with chunk loading, and corrected it. It should be working now.

Version 2.0 (March 30, 2007):
  • Completely reprogrammed the library.
  • Made a set of procedures entirely for the use of developers, so they don't have to deal with datums.
  • Added allocation and space finding functions.

• Never fully left beta; jumped to 2.x series instead.

Version 0.9 (December 3, 2006):
  • Added usage of bit flags to allow the developer to easily set what will be saved (meant to be in the last version, but I forgot about it)

Version 0.8 (December 2, 2006):
  • The library has had a major bug fixed that I wasn't able to figure out. All thanks for this bug fix goes to Audeuro.

Version 0.7 (November 1, 2006):
  • The build_rectangle() procedure has been upgraded to make it faster (suggested by CaptFalcon33035 and Crispy).

Version 0.6 (October 31, 2006):
  • The .zip file was packaged incorrectly, and contained no example maps. They have now been added

Version 0.5 (October 25, 2006):
  • pif_MapLoader was released

Thanks goes to Hulio-G for the awesome hub icon.