ID:2063647

Resolved
Images with override set will no longer reset color, alpha, transform, appearance_flags, or blend_mode. Instead they will inherit those values from the parent unless otherwise instructed via the image's own appearance_flags and blend_mode.
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Image override is great, it lets us replace an Atom with an alternate image (say a certain role of player can't see another role) except it comes bundled with settings akin to if it had RESET_TRANSFORM|RESET_ALPHA|RESET_COLOR in its appearance_flags. from the reference:

As a result, it will also not inherit the atom's color, alpha, transform, or appearance_flags.

I was just wondering if since these values are now their own flags in a var, if the code that does this automatically for override = 1 images could be removed or tweaked so developers can decide whether they want that or not on a case by case basis, I can definitely see reasons to allow an override image to accept the transform/colour of the atom it's overriding.
I have come here to show support for this idea.

I am under no pressure or threat of harm and am making this statement of my own volition.

I am not being paid or bribed for this statement.
In response to MrStonedOne
MrStonedOne wrote:
I have come here to show support for this idea.

I am under no pressure or threat of harm and am making this statement of my own volition.

I am not being paid or bribed for this statement.

*muffled send help*
Supported.
Just bumping this as this didn't get any official word or comment (I understand you're busy but just an acknowledgement of it's existence)
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Images with override set will no longer reset color, alpha, transform, appearance_flags, or blend_mode. Instead they will inherit those values from the parent unless otherwise instructed via the image's own appearance_flags and blend_mode.
Thank you very much!