ID:2063834

Hey guys, recently I purchased a new PC with Windows 8. I installed Byond, but for some reason now, every time I try to open it, it always crashes. Any advice. Thank you.
I did everything, I tried reinstalling it for like a thousand times. Please, I just really want to play SS13 again.
After Byond crashes, a message pops up that says that Windows is shutting down the program because of "some" issue and that they'll inform me once they figure out the problem. I just don't understand.
Since there's a crash happening, please paste the crash details from the Windows event viewer.
Here is the event data:
byond.exe
56901bfd
byondcore.dll
56901af4
c0000005
001e55dc
e5c
01d1a39295eed559
C:\Users\Ρ€с\Desktop\BYOND\bin\byond.exe
C:\Users\Ρ€с\Desktop\BYOND\bin\byondcore.dll
edb653dd-ef3d-49e4-b793-541ac10b0958

My computer is in Russian. Basically, what it says here is the error code

Π‘ΠΌΠ΅Ρ‰Π΅Π½ΠΈΠ΅ ошибки: 0x001e55dc
The source of the error is the application itself
So, my OS is Windows 10. According to the the event viewer, the issue is coming from the software. I'm not a tech guy myself, but I think I could safely conclude that there is something wrong with the Byond application.
I'll take a look at the error later and see what I can find on that. In the meantime, I believe the Unicode characters in your user directory are the problem, so this is what I suggest.

1) Reinstall BYOND in Program Files. Your desktop is not really a good place for it to run from, especially with the Unicode characters in your user path. Install it to C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND, which is the default.

2) Open the registry editor (type "regedit" on the Start menu).

3) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dantom\BYOND.

4) Find the "userpath" value. Change it from what it is now to something else, like C:\BYOND.

5) Move your old user data path from where it was (probably My Documents\BYOND) to the new location. You should just be able to move the whole folder at once.