ID:2064252

Resolved
Atoms with underlays but no overlays could cause a renderer crash when they were refreshed.
BYOND Version:510.1336
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 49.0.2623.110
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

It seems teleporting to a new z-level (in Severed World's case, entering any dungeon) triggers a renderer crash.

I think this can be easily replicated with the offsetting of the player's z coordinate.
This may be related to your issue with the voids. I'll be looking into this tomorrow.
I'm not sure what you mean about offsetting the Z coordinate. I tried going to a new Z level in my test project, but nothing unexpected happened. I didn't see any issue with missing turfs.

If you find wrapException() in the webclient.dart.js file and set a breakpoint there (be sure to ignore the break that happens while you're initializing), you should be able to get more info about the call stack when that occurs, and what the exception is. Can you get me that info?

Either that, or if you can find a way for me to easily replicate this, that would help. I don't know what I would have to do in the Region1 project for this to happen.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean about offsetting the Z coordinate. I tried going to a new Z level in my test project, but nothing unexpected happened. I didn't see any issue with missing turfs.

It seems to only trigger when you enter a dungeon. I don't really know what in the process of entering a dungeon causes the crash - I just know that entering a dungeon will reliably crash the renderer. Unfortunately your copy of the game does not have an easy way to enter a dungeon.

I'll whip up a testing environment for you.

If you find wrapException() in the webclient.dart.js file and set a breakpoint there (be sure to ignore the break that happens while you're initializing), you should be able to get more info about the call stack when that occurs, and what the exception is. Can you get me that info?

Will try to do this early tomorrow.
Small problem:

wrapException() seems to be called 243 times. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do here.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Atoms with underlays but no overlays could cause a renderer crash when they were refreshed.
I seem to have encountered a different renderer crash, but it's super intermittent. Looked like it might be a similar error message to the last one, but I couldn't tell because the console was fighting me. It happened when I walked down to Coastal Meadows and back to Fenworth, but it was just the one time.

[edit]
In 510.1337 I'm planning to reinstate the try/catch loop in the map renderer, because the reason for leaving it out was to catch errors, which no longer works properly. The new method I'll be using should spit out enough stack information to actually be useful, should an error occur. Keep an eye on your console logs.