ID:2070115

We're getting nearer stable 510, but I plan to put out at least one more beta release before that. 1339 is on the way early next week. 1338 seems to be holding up really well, so I'm quite happy with that.

Although I have some fixes ready to go (including for a very old bug in animate() with transforms), I've been working today on some webclient profiling and seeing what I can improve in performance there, and as a result I have things somewhat "untucked".

One feature I'm planning to add to 510 is regular expression searches in the DM code editor. It's perfectly feasible now that we have regex support. The only downside is that apparently multi-line searches aren't doable because of the way the code editor holds its data. Still, that's not so bad. I'm part of the way there on that, so this too is untucked.

Web work is on the horizon as well, especially since we've had some issues with Indian spammers on the forums. Since it isn't legal to hunt them down like animals yet (but it will be, when I become a supervillain), I've had to add some fairly large IP blocks to a no-go list for new accounts. Hopefully this won't screw over any legit users, but we probably don't have too many new users from India anyway.

Keeping the update short and sweet this week. Don't forget to hit up the donation box or become a Member if you haven't yet. If your weather's anywhere near as good as mine is right now (and frankly, it could be better), enjoy it while you can.
Am I the only one who was sad that 510.1337 was just another release with nothing special
Well, you were, but not anymore :(

EDIT: Although, 1336 was released before his April Fools post, so 1337 would have been the beginning of 3D multithreaded Byond :P
Lummox JR wrote:

Web work is on the horizon as well, especially since we've had some issues with Indian spammers on the forums. Since it isn't legal to hunt them down like animals yet (but it will be, when I become a supervillain), I've had to add some fairly large IP blocks to a no-go list for new accounts. Hopefully this won't screw over any legit users, but we probably don't have too many new users from India anyway.

You should try https://getipintel.net/ been using it for some other web services and it's working pretty great for blocking spammers and the such.