ID:2070544

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Maker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Could the zoom setting for map controls not persist? I came across this undesirable behavior after using a simple test verb modifying said setting. Nothing seems to undo the change except explicitly setting the zoom again. Other changes made to controls (the map specifically) during runtime don't stick in the way zoom does.
You can open the interface file in notepad, find the map control and modify the "saved-params" variable to not include the zoom setting.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
You can open the interface file in notepad, find the map control and modify the "saved-params" variable to not include the zoom setting.

The "saved-params" setting only has icon-size in it.
You could try blanking it out to see if that helps, if not then I'm not sure if it classifies as a bug or feature request.
In response to Nadrew
That worked for me; seems it's part of the icon-size setting, as it doesn't save when that's removed. Appreciate it.

Though I still don't think it should act like that by default, it just doesn't seem consistent. This workaround will do for me either way though.
It acts that way by default because people asked for it to act that way by default, as they got tired of having to reset their map settings every time the client reloaded.
Nadrew resolved issue (Redundant)
Gotcha.