ID:2071863

I have not been back on BYOND for years. There was a few games I played on here that were dragon warrior and final fantasy based. the final fantasy one had devs or mods that were "the brotherhood"

The reason i ask is i have been watching AGDQ and was watching the speed run of final fantasy tactics. The music from one battle rung true in my memory for being used in the final fantasy byond game. i do remember that any games that could have been of copyright issue got removed from the main games area. (yes i was around here for those times)

If anyone could remember what those games were that would be great.

i know that dragon warrior ones were basically solo-able, but you could have up to 3 "players" with you.
one of them used to have mercs you could pay for to help with solo play, but they were removed eventually.

one of the games [i believe the dragon warrior one] had a few towns where you could purchase plots of land and then make a house, etc. this same game also had pets you could tame with a pet staff, which was obtained via a simple quest near the start of the neutral town.

again, any help would be appreciated. I am currently going to school (ITT tech) and while not specifically learning about programming, i am progressing through the IT field... which does have some elements.

Thanks to anyone who even remotely remembers these games. Glad to see Byond is still up and running.
Dragon Warrior ended up being taken down, but the author (Silkwizard) created a spiritual successor called NEStalgia. It's pay-to-play but you can buy a subscription through BYOND.

Others I'm not really sure about.
yeah. i played NEStalgia when it was free. got to the ice area mostly solo. now with it being pay to play... i really have not played it that much since. thank you for the info about the dragon warrior ones.

shadows of erdrick might be it
http://www.byond.com/play/2129961064

this was one of the few games i got hooked on back in the day not necessarily because it was amazing or anything, but back then they had this system where you could just walk up and pvp anyone and so it was super competitive. there was this one bastard who would always come out of nowhere, like the rival from pokemon red/blue/yellow, and just straight up kick my ass in a fight and then type "LOL HAHAHA!" after killing me, so i got extremely salty and started playing for hours on end for the sole purpose of getting revenge on this kid.

i never actually beat him because every time i would log back in he'd still have like, a 5-6 level advantage over me. every time i would think i had caught up to his level or accomplished something, he'd be walking out of an area i was entering for the first time ( once again, just like rival from pokemon ) and be like "oh hi there! you're just now getting to this point in the game? i got here 2 days ago, slowpoke. LETS FIGHT!" it got to the point where my only way of dealing with him was just logging out of the game whenever he tried to PvP me because I think this bugged the fight instance to where he'd also have to log out and i'd have a few seconds to run and hide upon relogging so i didn't have to deal with him.

those were the days.
I miss Pokemon Twilight and that one game by Quiet Screams.. good times.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Little bitch.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Little bitch.

IM NOT NO BITCH

from SoE to Pokemon to Chef Ramsey... interesting
oh and btw SoE has changed a ton. i logged back into it last week and they dont even let you choose alignments anymore. hopefully they still have the pet system though.
That guy was totally a bitch(as are you.)
I vaguely remember seeing this clip on TV. It's a shame he did all that and still went out looking like exactly what he said he's not.

Funny stuff though.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
I miss Pokemon Twilight and that one game by Quiet Screams.. good times.

I joined around when Zelda Online and Icon Chatterz were super active. Icon trading was all the rage back then.
This site a full of old games for all - http://www.friv4online.com/