ID:2071991

BYOND Version:510.1338
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 31.0.1650.59
Applies to:DreamSeeker, DreamDaemon.

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
FUCK YOU FPS.

world.fps = 58, RESULTS: 57-58 constant FPS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8k2wvxykdt6o1c/Fps58.flv?dl=0

world.fps = 60 RESULTS: 44-52 constant FPS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thnftpwo24s9cy0/Fps60.flv?dl=0

-_-"

Whoever edited my title I curse you to never ever have the chance to get laid ever again.
While it wasn't me who changed your title: Good gads, are you kidding me? That wasn't a proper title for a bug report. Any moderator would have changed it.

In fact this doesn't even have the content of a bug report. You've skipped the template entirely, there's no demo project which in this case would be an absolute necessity, and it's not clear how you're measuring FPS. You've left me nothing to investigate. It's not even clear whether whatever effect you're seeing is confined to your system or a particular project. For all I know it could be an artifact of the tool you're using to measure FPS; if that were to run at 60 FPS itself, maybe that's interfering with Dream Seeker and causing a condition where the timer doesn't fire at the right time.
He appears to be using Fraps to determine FPS, I can tell by the yellow counter.

Would Fraps be a problem? I've been using it too.
I wish it was that simple because fraps malfuntion doesn't explain why 58 fps stays 58 fps and 60 fps doesnt stay 60 or close to 60. I'm going to have to redo this bug report later with more details.
I'm not saying FRAPS is malfunctioning, but rather it seems likely that it's interfering with the system on some level that's throwing off the timing badly if it's too close to Dream Seeker's timing. Dream Seeker will always try to stay in sync as best it can; it makes no sense that it would suddenly start dropping frames at a massive rate by altering the timer a mere 5 ms.
Hmmm...Maybe an issue with dual monitors, one One monitor the FPs works correctly, on another Monitor we get the fps to 30 and stuttering if I swap it quickly back to the Working Monitor goes back to 60
I'm kind of wondering if switching to the other monitor is slipping the world in and out of hardware rendering mode
I'm kind of wondering if switching to the other monitor is slipping the world in and out of hardware rendering mode

What it doesn't explain is why this only happens when hosting via DS and not via DD.

Personally, I've long suspected that there's been something strange going on ever since the switch to threading for DS's server model.

It's just the kind of thing that's hard to prove.
Its not just Ds is DD also Ter
DS=DrunkSuger, DD=DrunkDinker
Wait are you talking about when we switched from 506 to late 507 new compiler?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Personally, I've long suspected that there's been something strange going on ever since the switch to threading for DS's server model.

It's just the kind of thing that's hard to prove.

I don't think that's likely, because that code is all activated via #define and it's all currently inactive.
Okay it also seems for fps to go below 30-40 when the Monitor window is recorded in this case I didn't record I just used Preview with the Monitor that the game is selected on, using OBS.
http://puu.sh/ootHy.gif
, had to use a gif maker to record this gif has low fps thats for sure but ignore that, when the FPS is at 50-53 its smoonth as hell, once I turn on preview mode in OBS it goes to 30-40 and becomes very slow and stuttering.
This is on the Good monitor that game works at 60 fps, I can achive 60 fps showing when I have nothing but the Game on that monitor.

Okay when the issue happens dreamseekers CPU Spikes the hell out to 05% seen it go to 10%.
Because you're getting radically different results based on which monitor you're using, basically all I have to work with is my initial hypothesis that something about your system setup is responsible for what you're seeing, which appears to be confirmed.
Not anymore dips happen on both monitors and along with the dips comes the high CPU usage, and btw not even the new games sutch as Dark souls 3, fallout 4, the division uses so much CPU. So sure blame it on my system setup because that defenitly explains the High CPU usage and low FPS.
So basically, complete inconsistency across the board. There's no data to work with that isn't misleading, then?
What data... like I even know what the heck you need or where to find what you need.
Page: 1 2 3