ID:2072830

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Code:
Nothing here but us binturongs!

Problem description:

So I decided to good around and see if a MUD client could connect to BYOND, and it established a successful connection. I was...actually amazed that it worked. Alas I can't really do anything aside from connecting and disconnecting.

So I wonder, is it possible at all to use something like, say, Mudlet/Mushclient/whatever to connect to a MUD written in BYOND? And if so, what would I have to do? My curiosity is piqued.
Best response
BYOND does support telnet clients to a degree. Set some verbs up and handle anything invalid in client.Command() and you've got yourself a basic MUD.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
BYOND does support telnet clients to a degree. Set some verbs up and handle anything invalid in client.Command() and you've got yourself a basic MUD.

It works just fine for me! I see a couple bugs and a small quirk (text output sent to another output field will cause it to simply send twice on a telnet client), but but I can iron those out.

Thanks a ton!
In response to Wontoon
Wontoon wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

It works just fine for me! I see a couple bugs and a small quirk (text output sent to another output field will cause it to simply send twice on a telnet client), but but I can iron those out.

When you get a chance, please report that as a bug. I suspect it'll be an easy fix.