ID:2074198

I have been trying to implement a lighting system to my game, and it works great so far, but I wondered if this was possible:

I want to create an object which is affected by darkness, but not by certain lights. Both darkness & light are on the same plane in my source (-10), and I set master_plane to 0. Of course, every icon is affected by dark & light (everything works the way it's meant to), but I wondered if I could make that special object unable to get altered by that light (special object would have a higher layer). But it doesn't work like that with planes. I edited the special object's plane many times to see if any of them would suit it, but none did (Some planes would make it transparent, plus light would hide the object and display the turf below it, and some other planes made it so that the object wouldn't be affected by light nor dark).

So, to sum up, I wonder if there's a way to make this special object alterable by darkness, but not by light. Thanks a lot.

I used this library for the lighting system: http://www.byond.com/developer/Nadrew/LightingTest