ID:2074752

(See the best response by Higoten.)
I got byond and I went to play ss13, but when I clicked on any server's 'Join' button, nothing happened. I went into the files to try and open dreamseeker, and see if that was working. I opened it and an error message came up saying, "This program cannot start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer." I triend to reinstall byond multiple time but it never works. Please help.
Best response
Hi AlphaAslan,

The error message that comes up suggests that DirectX is either not installed on your computer, or has been corrupted. Give theses steps a try and see if they resolve the problem:

First, ensure that the .exe version ("Windows", linked in blue text) of BYOND is being downloaded from the downloads page and is ran as an administrator (right click the .exe and select "run as administrator"). The .exe installer should automatically install a compatible version of DirectX. (additionally, it should also create the byond:// protocol association with Dream Seeker, resolving the non-responsive join buttons on the website) If the .zip version was being used, DirectX would not have been installed.

Second, try downloading DirectX directly from Microsoft, following the on screen prompts for installation instructions.

Good luck!