var/mob/User=src.loc
if(User)
if(ismob(User))
if((src in User.equipped))
User.armor+=src.armor
else
User.armor-=src.armor

Problem description:

The problem I am running into is that I have a movement state for all directions for my player sprite, I made a piece of armor that has one frame for all directions. Now when I equip the armor the arms and legs of my player are moving out of its clothes. Do you make a frame for the armor for each frame you have on your sprite and call it a movement state as well? Is there another way around it, sort of like when your player has armor equipped stopping the movement state of your player sprite and having him stay in frame 1 (stand still) and walk that way? I looked around and there are very little to no clothing/hair tutorials/guides. Any help would be appreciated...

-BIGBROYO
Overlays will always try to match the state of the player.

So if you have the following states in the player icon:

"still", "moving"

And you have "moving" set as a movement state, you'll want your clothing icon to have the same setup, with both states, the "moving" state will be used and synced to the player's icon when the player moves.

Another trick you'll find handy is the ability to have movement and non-movement states named the same thing.

So if you have a non-movement state named "standing" and a movement state called "standing" the non-movement state will be used when you're not moving and the movement state will be used when you're moving, as long as icon_state is "standing". You can do this with the default un-named state too.
So in other words, unless you don't feel like using moving states, you have to create an armor for each frame of your player sprite?

-BIGBROYO
Best response
You'd want your overlays to match the player icon's states exactly yes, I'm not sure if that's what you're asking though.

If your player icon is setup something like (we'll use "" to denote the default state and "(M)" to denote a movement state)

"", "" (M), "running", "running" (M)

Where the default states are your normal walking and standing still states, and running are differently drawn to denote running movement. Now lets say you have an armor icon that gets overlayed onto the player icon, you'd want it to be setup the same way

"", "" (M), "running", "running" (M)

Where each frame of each state of setup to line up with the movements of the player icon.