ID:2078505

Descriptive Problem Summary:Whenever I try to click join a game in byond, it doesn't load up; furthermore, I click a Byond Link, and it still remains normal with no Dream Seeker.

Every time? Or how often? EVERY time.
In other games? Every Game.
In other user accounts? Yes, but only on this Laptop.
On other computers? Just on this Laptop

When does the problem NOT occur? It Generally always occurs on this Laptop.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? I tried reinstalling and downgrading a byond version, but it still wasan't working. If so, what was the last version that worked?

I've moved this to BYOND Help, because it lacks the information needed for a bug report--and is probably not a bug.

What this sounds like is the Avast issue. Make sure you add the entire BYOND folder to Avast's exceptions, and afterward be sure to report the false positive to Avast.
I dont have Avast, so I dont exactly know why my BYOND is acting up when I dont even have Avast. I've tried reinstalling it too.
It could be a firewall or some other security/antivirus software, not necessarily Avast specifically.
Hi, Sani man,

Try these additional steps to attempt to resolve your problem:

First, try reinstalling BYOND as an administrator. Download the .exe version of BYOND from the downloads page, then navigate to the location of the download, right click the .exe, and select "run as administrator". When prompted to select a destination folder, ensure that no foreign characters or symbols are present, if there are, select or create a folder that contains no foreign characters along the file path.

Second, run Windows update to ensure that your computer is up-to-date, and ensure that Internet Explorer is installed and operating correctly.

Third, try clearing the BYOND cache. To do this: Open the BYOND pager > select the gear icon in the upper right corner (menu) > Preferences... > select the games tab > clear cache > OK > OK.

Finally, if none of the above procedures resolve the issue, a workaround to bypass the unresponsive website links may be to enter the connection information into the BYOND pager manually. To do this: Locate the server you wish to join on the website > right click the join button > select "Copy link location" > open the BYOND pager > select the gear icon (menu) > open location... > paste the connection information into the upper text box > OK. > You should now be forwarded to the game.

Good luck!
Nope. None of them Worked. Well, it doesn't really matter. I'll just buy a new laptop or anything else.
The big question here is what antivirus or security software you're running if not Avast. Something is interfering with BYOND, and that's the most likely cause.
I replied VERY late, but I didn't realize it was a question because I just skim read the last post. Im using McAfee Security Scan Plus.
You should make sure BYOND's entire install folder is added to McAfee's exceptions, and if that fails try disabling McAfee. Then, uninstall McAfee and bury it in a deep, deep hole. Their software has never had a good reputation in its entire history.