ID:2078958

Resolved
winget(client,null,"url") will now return the URL the client is connected to, in IP:port or domain:port form. The port is 0 if Dream Seeker is running a .dmb file in single-player mode, and the value is empty if not connected.
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
I'd like to poll the client for information on the server they are connected to from the client.

Simply exposing url as a special winget() parameter would mostly solve my problem.

winget(user,null,"url")

Returns:

Current world connected to in the form of ip:port.

If the connection has failed or died, returns "null"

If the current world is an offline single-player world, the url will return "127.0.0.1:0".

This would not be useful information for a server-side winget(), however it would be useful information for a responsive client-side interface using .winget called from javascript, seeing as javascript continues to run on the client after the connection has died.

This would allow the game developer control over what happens when a link() connection has failed or when a player's internet connection to a live server has died, allowing the developer to write client-side code that will actually inform the user of what has happened and give them the option to reconnect or in general to fail gracefully.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
winget(client,null,"url") will now return the URL the client is connected to, in IP:port or domain:port form. The port is 0 if Dream Seeker is running a .dmb file in single-player mode, and the value is empty if not connected.
Jesus that turnaround.

Gimme a few minutes to get Yut Put greased up and in his batman costume, and I'm gonna drive up there and make sweet love to you. Yut's gonna need to borrow some closet space.
I forgot to pop this into the skinparams.html reference file, but it's there.