ID:2080603

BYOND Version:510.1341
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Chrome 50.0.2661.94
Applies to:Webclient

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When attempting to join a webclient game (this does not happen when I try to join a locally-hosted game) I get the following error:

undefined:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Unable to decode audio data

This error seems to break a lot of our client-end javascript code for some reason. The result is the default game behavior is interrupted and the player is unable to proceed as per usual (their screen is black).
Dang. I'll have to throw in a try/catch there. Wish it said which file failed.
Unfortunately there is no more info I can provide.
Hey wait, you said this breaks your JS code? That would imply that it's playing a sound locally. Does any of your JS play sounds?
In response to Lummox JR
Not directly, no. There are some byond.fn.topic() calls that tell the server to play sounds for the player, however.
Which sounds do those play? That might be useful info.

I'd appreciate it if you could get me updated source as well. I'm pretty sure I lost the link to the last source and didn't get to it in time, but you've probably made more updates since then anyway.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Which sounds do those play? That might be useful info.

I don't think this is a very relevant question, because the interface code bugs out when the game loads. The only sound that plays when the game loads is this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10657252/ Avensvale_Loop.rar

Which is a .ogg file. Our sound files are 100% .ogg files. I'm not sure if this has any kind of correlation.

I'd appreciate it if you could get me updated source as well. I'm pretty sure I lost the link to the last source and didn't get to it in time, but you've probably made more updates since then anyway.

Yeah, I'll PM you a link soon!
I haven't had this issue happen in your latest source, or in fact any. (Also, the intro-skip feature you told me about does not work.) I'll need a test case I can reproduce before I can continue.

I'd also like to clarify something: "this does not happen when I try to join a locally-hosted game". What does that mean exactly? Do you mean it doesn't happen in DS (which is rather obvious, considering this is a JavaScript error), or that something about the way you hosted this for the webclient is different from a regular test?
I'd also like to clarify something: "this does not happen when I try to join a locally-hosted game". What does that mean exactly?

I meant to say, it does not happen if the server is hosted on the machine being used to also test/play the game, as opposed to joining an external server hosting the game.

I haven't had this issue happen in your latest source, or in fact any.

Yeah, oddly enough - same. We did recently upgrade to the latest byond version [510.1344], so that may have fixed the issue. Or maybe one of our files was somehow corrupt in DM's resource-building routine. Either way, I can't reproduce the issue anymore. Feel free to close it.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I'll mark it Unverified for now and leave it there. If it comes up again we can revisit it.