Some insight into things about what happens to me with regards to client hangs. The only Byond game I play is SS13.

In Space Station 13 clicking on certain links that do ingame stuff (like following a character as a ghost/AI/admin) in the chat results in the client freezing, audio that happens from ongoing activity (like doors opening/closing) still play for some reason.

These links function normally after the game just starts, but soon result in the client freezing for a few seconds when the chat updates, and continues to get worse until the client stays forzen. Space Station 13 seems to return to normal if I click somewhere outside of the chat window, such as the verbs window above chat.

I think these freezes might have something to do with how big the chat log gets.

I'm running Windows 10 32-bit, and this issue happens with (probably) any Byond version, but for me it was 511, 510, and 509.

Also any updates on this issue?
No updates, because I can't get this to happen myself and the traces I've had have been unhelpful in tracking down the issue.
Long shot *in case it is computer (things happen)*

save stuff reformat PC and then install byond and only
byond this way nothing is touched then go from there
editing all your pc preferences if something goes bad then you know what caused it.

If that doesn't fix it, Hey at-least you got a fresh clean start lol.

Even try running the zipped version of byond >:) *just never know computers are picky son of a guns*
Page: 1 2 3 4 5