Hedgerow Hall

by Hedgemistress
Hedgerow Hall
Serious role-playing-oriented game world, with animals.
ID:2083014

So, I did a couple brief test sessions with my partner, who is well aware of Hedgerow Hall's legacy but has never played it nor any BYOND game. This was to get some real tests of how stuff looked and worked in multiplayer, and to figure out any design blind spots; i.e., stuff that I took for granted because I knew how it worked, but which would not be intuitive or apparent to another person.

This revealed a few issues in terms of quality of life and playability that really need to be addressed before the game is well and truly playable:

1. There needs to be actual interfaces for talking to NPC trainers, building burrows, and crafting.
2. Better balance for things like stress, hunger, and fatigue.

I keep thinking I should just throw the server up for a few hours and let people in anyway. The fact is the game is way more feature complete and interesting than it was the first time I did that, back in 2002. But there were also no expectations for it then, and much lower expectations for the BYOND community in general.
There's probably no right answer for that, but in my opinion if you've already found stuff that needs fixing/changing then might as well complete that stuff first and then get feedback from community for the next iteration. Maybe? I dunno like I said no right answer for that one
Yew hanging in there boo?