ID:2083605

As you remember from last week, my goal for this week was to get 510.1342 released as the new stable build.

That didn't happen. But it didn't happen for a very good reason: With Ter13's help, I was finally able to fix a major issue that's been plaguing Nvidia users, and at the same time I also was able to modify the graphics code to avoid using built-in Intel graphics when a real card is available.

Because of the magnitude of those two changes in particular, but also with a couple of minor things like a refactor I did on some Dream Seeker image-handling code, I didn't feel it was a good idea to go ahead with this as the stable release. So that'll come next week.

Work on 511 will however plow ahead. I'm hoping to get to a bunch of little features like SEE_THRU, pixel_w, etc. early on, along with the var access improvements, and then plow right into gamepad support as soon as possible. The big feature wish list is still pretty darn epic, but many of the items there are doable without a ton of fuss.

You can help 511 along by continuing to support development through your donations and Membership. If you're not a Member already, hey, summer's coming and it's a great time to get in on all the gameplay you want ad-free. And thanks to all the other users who've contributed not just through Membership but in all the other little ways, like offering others help in the forums, keeping the news going, and developing great games. You guys are the lifeblood of this community.
Lummox JR wrote:
winter is coming and it's a great time to get in on all the gameplay you want ad-free.

Fixed it for you.
I'd buy a membership, but I'm currently broke. I spent the last of my money on my last membership and haven't gotten much more since XD
Thanks Lummox, I appreciate all your work. Money has been tight for me as well. Once all of my past bills are paid off I'll try and send some $$ your way. I did get a 5 year membership since mine was about up, hope that gets you some more ramen. x_x

Red, I'll see what I can do to help you out once that time comes.
what is pixel w? and what's it do
what is pixel w? and what's it do

pixel_x moves things east and west.

pixel_y moves things north and south.

pixel_z moves things up and down.

pixel_w moves things left and right.

Aren't left/right/east/west and up/down/north/south the same thing? No. Look at a compass from the south. East is on the right. West is on the left. Now rotate it by 180 degrees. Now east and west have changed sides relative to you.

Same concept.
A quick-fix release, 510.1343, has been uploaded to deal with the hang problem with images. This is a DS-only fix and will not impact servers or the webclient, so there is no Linux build.
SEE_THRU... What is is. Tell me. It sounds awesome.
OMG, I need to stop reporting bugs or 511 is never happening.
There's yet another release, 510.1344, to deal with the overlay saving issue caused by FLOAT_PLANE. Ter13 has graciously accepted complete blame for all further 510 releases.
In response to Lummox JR
I say we hang him. Who's with me?
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:

I assumed you'd want him to walk the plank...

In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
GreatPirateEra wrote:

I assumed you'd want him to walk the plank...

Could be that now is the great pirate era; I mean, we have all these pirates in Somalia and China and so on. Probably a lot more than the heyday of the 1600s or so. The one problem is that in that case, hanging feels a little dated. The correct way nowadays is to shame them on social media until they kill themselves.
Someone had to post it.