In response to Pokemonred200
Same. I saw a video where a guy pronounced it as "epic" though.
Didn't know it was a real word, but somehow knew it was pronounced "epic".
I always pronounced it as E-Poach. As in Poaching.

My guess is that it's actually pronounced Epic though. ./shrug
In response to Lavenblade
It derives from Greek, and <ch> in Greek loanwords is always pronounced the same as "k" or "ck" is usually pronounced in English words.
Yut Put wrote:
5HRLF-6663W-T39TI
0Z6HJ-L2IID-GBM6W
NGM6A-BNVLF-C6NVB
VG3FZ-0X4XL-NP8W9
here are a few steam keys for you byond folks that i had left over from the batch i just made for review keys

FYI: All those keys are used up. Might save you 10 seconds.
I reserved all four.

Contact me through PM if you would like a Steam key. $10.00 each.

My Playboy subscription bill isn't going to pay itself.
In response to EmpirezTeam
LMFAO.
In response to EmpirezTeam
That explains why none of those keys worked for me before... :'(
It's important to note it's the very first game to go on steam as co-op game and not your classic BYOND MMO.

There's a lot of things being done for the first time and I'm so very thankful for that, no doubt the next game that will attempt to go on steam will enjoy the fruits of your labor.
It's important to note it's the very first game to go on steam as co-op game and not your classic BYOND MMO.

Lummox has been an absolute doll about fixing the issues caused by how Epoch's multiplayer approach works.

We ran into a small handful of BYOND bugs in the process of getting the connection scheme working, which were promptly addressed. One of these changes in particular has resulted in Guest keys having stable connections to servers for the first time in five or six years.

So yeah, everyone benefits.
What about the FPS? I noticed you're not using the usual 40 FPS combo or going for 60 FPS combo. Any particular reason? Are there issues with FPS in standalone exe and if so have you found some bugs that might help lummox fix FPS in dreamseeker? Or maybe those fps issues only extend to standalone exe?

The standalone is functionally a repackaged DreamSeeker with an automated installer. The Standalone IS more or less DreamSeeker. There are no FPS differences between the two.

Yut elected to use 30FPS. His reasons are his.

As for DreamSeeker FPS, we have noticed severe framerate issues on integrated Intel Graphics Adapters that are not present for NVIDIA and Radeon cards --Even NVIDIA and Radeon cards that are objectively shittier than the Intel Graphics Adapters that we've been having issues with. It seems to be related to appearance churn. That much I know. I could probably fix it, given enough time with the codebase and the incentive to do so, but Yut would have to give me the greenlight to do so.

Lummox fixed a bug at my request that makes BYOND now prefer Nvidia or Radeon adapters if they are present on the machine and abandon Intel drivers if at all possible. This doesn't fix our FPS issues with Intel graphics drivers.

As for fixing DreamSeeker's FPS, one of the major reasons that all of your bug reports have failed to get the issue fixed is that you have to diagnose a root cause and do a lot of deep technical troubleshooting to find that information. Lummox doesn't have time to chase down that information. Troubleshooting takes hours. If you can figure out a way to point to something being desperately wrong, which specific machine configurations it is happening on, and a specific area of BYOND's code that is causing FPS slowdowns, a fix is far more likely than just harassing the guy because you are seeing something that he can't verify. I've never seen you post your machine's specs properly in a thread about unstable FPS. That would be the first step. The fact that you've been going on about unstable FPS for four months and have never even offered so much as a detailed report about what kind of PC you are using is concerning at best.

Galactic Soldier has been stalking the negative reviews of Epoch to spread dissent against the engine and Lummox's competence (He does this every time a BYOND game gets off-hub). He has been saying a few things about BYOND's rendering pipeline that would seemingly point to the source of the trouble we have with Intel chips. He acts like he knows what he's talking about, and frankly I'm not entirely convinced that he doesn't. If he could, just for once report what he knows is going wrong rather than exploiting every security hole he finds, harassing users, and in general being a putz, I'm sure he could point Lummox in the right direction for improving our low-end machine support.

Trouble is, I don't think he has any inclination to do this and there's no reason to even bother asking him to do it, because it'll just wind up with him acting smug and self-superior and giving unhelpful, vague comments and making demands of Lummox that are unreasonable and possibly malicious in nature, as is his MO.

This exact behavior is why I resigned as a moderator after Tom stifled my efforts to burn him out of the community once and for all. It's not that he's saying negative things or doing actual damage to the business model. It's that his self-stated reasons for being here are purely and exclusively malicious in nature, and he's been caught many times exploiting security flaws in the attempt of degrading, damaging, stealing, and otherwise accessing information he's not permitted to have access to.
In response to AERProductions
Hi i've been on byond for about 15 years.You obviously havn't seen some of the older games that were created on byond. Alot of the games aren't hosted which is why they are dead. Don't believe me try the game called tanks by shadowdarke super old but super fun. Try making games on other engines and see how hard it can be.Most of the older games are dead because they aren't hosted. Rpg maker is a decent engine but again programming on different engines is a bit harder. I've tried unix game factory and many others and byond by far is easier to use with the same results. Multiplayer support on any other engine is crap. Actually im done talking.If you hate byond so much then leave there's the door you wont be missed.
The name is going to give it a hard time to find in youtube when I type it in it mostly shows DayZ and Arma
Why would you pick such a difficult name, though? I mean, I understand that you want to be original, but it may reduce the amount of traffic it gets.
In response to Ter13
Client-side FPS separation + client var to loosely identify manufacturer of video adapter would be kind of interesting. Manufacturer is an intel? Oooo, let's slow things down a bit.
Yea I was reading comments on that YouTube video and someone noted that they couldn't find the game when searching for epoch

I have to say I'm really impressed. I never really played the game for longer than an hour or two but watching those videos really shows how much detail and polish was put in the game that I never noticed
In response to Eternal_Memories
I mean, I pointed out this exact and very obvious issue exactly three weeks ago. If Yut Put wasn't an idiot and didn't just block everyone willy-nilly, perhaps he would have been able to make note of it sooner.
In response to Popisfizzy
Can't believe he now went with a 0 instead of a o lol or a completly new name. A little to late tbh, people made videos saying EPΘCH. GG xD
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
I mean, I pointed out this exact and very obvious issue exactly three weeks ago. If Yut Put wasn't an idiot and didn't just block everyone willy-nilly, perhaps he would have been able to make note of it sooner.

Yut Put is a fucking millionaire right now, he can use his willy however he pleases.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5