ID:2086544

Resolved
BYOND Version:509
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 50.0.2661.102
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: So it's not an issue anyone on the actual game experiences that I know of or knows the solution to. I play a game called Sigrogana Legend 2 by Devourer of Souls, essentially it uses a lot of map related things, I don't really know what it's called, like Map text just with icons and stuff? Anyways on several windows you're required to drag and drop icons to equip skills, trade items and other such things like this window. http://puu.sh/oYb6Q/64072432c9.jpg But it doesn't happen, usually when logging in also you click the login screen once and it sends you to your character loading screen but it requires me to double click to access for some reason. I've tested my mouse not the issue.

Anyways it seems I can drag and drop when the screen is shifted to the right a bit, http://puu.sh/oYbf6/608af0e3ce.jpg aka dragged to the right of the screen to lock it, than extend it left to see the area and it works, but only for skills, tried it with trades and other things and no such luck. It's as if theirs a layer above it that's preventing the first click which there shouldn't be and no one else experiences the issue, not sure what to do.

Anyways I've tried relogging, downgrading and upgrading. While clearing my cache worked once when this happened, I tried again and it didn't fix the issue this time and repeatedly clearing the cache is a waste of time since it takes around 30 mins for me to download their resources due to my slow internet....not sure what the main issue is though, I also tried unchecking the hardware to draw maps and what not....Any ideas or thoughts on how to fix this issue? or what it is?

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: ???

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: Icons dragged and dropped, single click to access certain things.

Actual Results: No dragging and dropping works, and it requires double clicks to receive the single click results, and double clicking and dragging doesn't work either.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? No.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Not likely.

When does the problem NOT occur? Sometimes when Cache is cleared.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) The problem didn't occur yesterday when I cleared the cache after the first incident, nothing new happened to my pc in the time span of when the issue began, no updates or anything, and as stated tried other versions to no avail to fix the issue.

Workarounds: Clearing cache worked once....
I'm really not following this. But it seems like for me to investigate, I'd need to know which games this was and how to reproduce the issue. Having the code would probably help, but having a simple test case to demonstrate the problem would help even more.

As it stands now I'm not even sure what the actual problem is.
In response to Zasif
Ah yes. When people ramble I really have a hard time picking any details out of what they say at all. That one's on me, but I still don't know if there's a bug in play or if so, what the bug actually is.
The problem and game was stated, theirs no code that I can provide because I didn't code it. Sigrogana Legend 2 as stated, for some reason I'm the only one having the issue so it has to be byond related not their game related. I can't click and drag things I'm suppose to be able to and I have to double click things that are only required single clicks.....I believe the post was pretty clear, dunno why theirs confusion...=\...

Or maybe even Windows 10 related but I don't know what would cause it...since nothing's changed since when I could play it fully to when I can't now... And seeing as I don't know the cause I can't just tell you how to replicate the issue....that's just silly xD...
On reflection I really think this is the same issue as the problem some SS13 users have where they have to double-click to get a single click to register, based on the fact that you mentioned this as a component of your problem.

There's really no evidence that that issue is a BYOND bug, though, because BYOND is only responding to the messages from Windows. This suggests that something else on your system is to blame for the trouble.
Do you have multiple monitors, Zeek? I've found that if I run BYOND on my secondary monitor, I have to double click to get a single click. As soon as I switch BYOND back to running on my primary monitor, everything is fine.
Hmmm, no no double monitors but I might try to see if changing the screen res will fix it, I'll get back to yall in a second.

---Update---

Okay yeah changing my screens resolution seems to have fixed the issue, thanks you guys for the assistance I appreciate it. Hopefully the issue is resolved with this.
Lummox JR resolved issue