ID:2086744

BYOND Version:510.1344
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 50.0.2661.102
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I've noticed a performance difference in the latest version. It seems every couple of steps the screen tears and there is a about one frame/tick of consistent lag(meaning that it always happens every certain amount of steps). I can confirm that version 510.1343 works just fine and this is a problem with .1344.
Nothing changed in Dream Seeker, so this can't be a new thing as of 1344 in DS.

What did change was the calculation of world.tick_lag from world.fps, when compiling. Now world/fps=60 compiles as world/tick_lag=0.17 instead of world/tick_lag=0.16, to round correctly. So if you've recompiled since 1344, the altered tick_lag might explain it; you'll see the exact same results when running in 1343's DS, though.
I am currently using 1343 with no problem, is the altered tick_lag going to remain this way? Cause it's almost unplayable.
Again, that was a compiler-only change. It doesn't matter which version of DS you're running; what matters is which version you compiled in. The only possible difference is that your already-compiled code may have timing 1 ms higher if you compiled it in 1344, and then only if you set tick_lag via world.fps or tried to use fractional milliseconds (which aren't supported).

There were no changes to the client rendering code in 1344.

If you're seeing a difference in the exact same already-compiled .dmb between the two versions in DS, I simply have no explanation because that shouldn't be possible at all. If you're seeing a difference when you compile in 1344 vs. when you compile in 1343, that would be explained by the tick_lag change. In which case I would need to see your code to understand what's happening.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

If you're seeing a difference when you compile in 1344 vs. when you compile in 1343, that would be explained by the tick_lag change. In which case I would need to see your code to understand what's happening.

Yes, the problem only happens when I compile in .1344 and run the game. If I compile in 1343 it works fine.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
I need to see the code, then. The new world.fps behavior won't change, but I can show you how to set tick_lag directly to get the timing you want.